The Student Room Group

Has anyone gotten back together with an ex?

And after how long had you been apart if you have?

I ask this because a year down the line, I'm pretty much still in love with my ex. We split up on good terms, after being together for almost 3 years and never kept any form of contact since, I still have a huge amount of love for her and I'd like to see if we can give things another go, the relationship as a whole was brilliant, it was just one argument that went too far that ended it. I just have that feeling that it's been too long and too much would have changed in that time.

And if I was to make contact again, what would I even say and what would be the best way of saying it, considering we don't cross each others path normally?

Any advice/personal experience would be appreciated, thanks
Yes - I broke up with my boyfriend almost three years ago. We were apart for five/six months, I saw someone else. He turned out to be a knob. Anyway, we got back together and we've been together since. Just celebrated our '2 year anniversary of getting back together' (his idea lol) last month.

however be warned - it doesn't always work. And I can guarantee you now I won't be spending the rest of my life with this guy I'm with.
Reply 2
Yes. Me and my bf broke up for a year when we were younger. We got back together after I heard something bad happened to him and I emailed him. Started talking again and hanging out and we admitted pretty much instantly we still loved each other. Started going out again and have been together ever since. It was our 6 yr anniversary yesterday. We needed that year apart to mature and learn more about ourselves. He remained single during the year and never went with anyone and I saw one guy but it never went anywhere as my heart wasn't in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. I think we was apart for about six months. Worse decision of my life and I still kick myself for crying over him! He was a pathetic nobody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got back with an ex once... what followed was five months of hell for me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending