The Student Room Group

boyfriend is obsessed with irish girls

i'm staying anonymous because i know a few people on here and don't want them to find out but basically my boyfriend has a thing for female irish accents. He is always talking about how much he loves them and doesn't shut up about it. The other day he said he would break up with me if an irish girl came along but said he was of course joking. It's really starting to bug me and idk whether i'm just over thinking it
Reply 1
find a hot irish boy.
dump him for the irish boy.
Lol, well, he sounds like an idiot first off.

Anyway, just learn how to emulate an Irish accent. It's not hard dear *rolls eyes*
I can confirm girls with Irish accents are attractive.
Original post by d1ck
find a hot irish boy.

revenge stuff isn't good :/ :colonhash:
...how old is he?
I'm sure his new Irish girlfriend would be thrilled to know he's only with her because of her accent...

It sounds like maybe he's just joking around and doesn't realise how hurtful these kinds of comments can be to your partner. How long have you been together? I'd tell him how it makes you feel - if he cares about you he will pack it in.
Reply 7
Original post by thefatone
revenge stuff isn't good :/ :colonhash:

making your gf feel insecure isn't good. ":colonhash:"

Spoiler

Original post by d1ck
making your gf feel insecure isn't good. ":colonhash:"

Spoiler

well something has to happen, gf breaks up with bf or bf may eventually cheat on gf which case a break up may happen while gf is under stress wondering what's happening.
Reply 9
well something has to happen, gf breaks up with bf or bf may eventually cheat on gf which case a break up may happen while gf is under stress wondering what's happening.

exactly.
so I don't know what your problem with my initial answer was/is.
Original post by d1ck
exactly.
so I don't know what your problem with my initial answer was/is.

cheating on bf if you suspect he's cheating isn't always the best way to settle thing, it doesn't give 100% customer satisfaction
It sounds like he's just teasing you and you're too insecure to deal with it.
Reply 12
cheating on bf if you suspect he's cheating isn't always the best way to settle thing, it doesn't give 100% customer satisfaction

find an irish boy.

not **** the irish boy.

nowhere did I mention cheating.
Reply 13
Find something you can become obsessed with, something equally specific like Chilean blokes
Original post by d1ck
find an irish boy.

not **** the irish boy.

nowhere did I mention cheating.

oops lol :colonhash:
Reply 15
Whatever you do, don't plan your honeymoon in Ireland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending