The Student Room Group

thats a tricky one

i am doing university in the uk. the first year i did but i didnt like the course so i failed it and left so i couldredo my first year in another university and another course. but unfortunately, even tho i liked the course i had a really tough time there and couldnt pass the course in time due to some personal circumsntaces which affected my studies there. all this time i been using student loan and most of my friends said it would be fine to apply for another loan this year. would it be ok? i had extreme depression and i also have OCD, thats why i couldnt do all the work in time at that university, not sure if that helps or not the result.
Hi rogargaro15

Have you only done year 1 of the 2 different courses?

If so, you can apply for a maintenance loan only in year 1 of a new course, then full funding for the rest of the course.
If you have compelling personal reasons for leaving the 2nd one, you can appeal to get this year of funding back. To do this you would need to apply again for the course you intend to do, then send a cover letter with proof of why you could not complete the course.

Thanks
Reply 2
yes, first course i left in the middle of first year and second course i didnt pass because of my personal circumstances.
now i want to go to another university and do same coruse or maybe a different one.
so do i get only maintenance loan in year 1 or do they pay the 9000 pounds fees too? btw my parents are considered low income family, so not sure if that changes anything
Original post by rogargaro15
yes, first course i left in the middle of first year and second course i didnt pass because of my personal circumstances.
now i want to go to another university and do same coruse or maybe a different one.
so do i get only maintenance loan in year 1 or do they pay the 9000 pounds fees too? btw my parents are considered low income family, so not sure if that changes anything

Hi, If you can supply compelling personal reasons detailing the reasons for you leaving your second course - HEP letter, doctors letters etc, You can send to us for consideration to award you that year of funding back which could allow you to receive full funding for duration of the course. If you have any queries relating to the evidence please call on 0300 100 0607. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending