Previous funding and 2017 NHS funding

    • Thread Starter


    I've had two previous years of funding for university courses at undergraduate level. One was a full year and one was one term although as I understand this counts as a full year.

    If I am correct this means I have two years of funding left and would have to self fund the first year of any future degree.
    However is this also the case with NHS funded courses starting in 2017? I can't find a clear answer anywhere. If you have a degree then you are elegible to apply for another loan for the full duration of your course under an exemption rule that has been created. Is previous study also under that exemption rule?

    I've been working for the NHS since leaving university and I really want to progress by getting a degree in diagnostic radiography so any answers would be greatly appreciated!


    At the moment previous study will not be taking into consideration when doing an exception course.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.