The Student Room Group

Tired of being told off all the time at home

My parents always tell me off no matter what I say it is frustrating I feel like I just cannot express how I feel and what I think.
Original post by Anonymous1502
My parents always tell me off no matter what I say it is frustrating I feel like I just cannot express how I feel and what I think.

I always get told off 24/7; mum complains that i'm out too much, she complains when I'm with her. She complains about me not helping out, about the quality of my homework, grades, etc. I even get told off for what my brother does. You're not the only one, and i think it happens to everyone!
As long as you live with your parents, they have the power to tell you off. They're used to telling you off from when you were young, so they never really stop, even when you're 'grown up'.
Original post by Anonymous1502

then give up

the path of least resistance and effort maybe the one you need

if literally nothing you say works no matter how polite/persuasive you are

just dont waste the time, whats the point either

1) you reason logically and you get told off
2) you get told off

path number 2 seems quicker to me....

its best to vent to more understanding ppl like your friends instead
ugh same.

My mum complains a lot. For example she says i need to go out more but when i do she doesnt like it. Another example is that she says i need to be more independant but then says she wants me to stay at home for uni :colonhash: smh cant win with her.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
ugh same.

My mum complains a lot. For example she says i need to go out more but when i do she doesnt like it. Another example is that she says i need to be more independant but then says she wants me to stay at home for uni :colonhash: smh cant win with her.

Parents you cannot live with them and you cannot live without them.They sometimes drive you crazy but the next day you love them still.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending