The Student Room Group

Funding for DipHE after leaving degree

Hi!

So bear with me, this might be long...

I orginally studied an HND and received no funding, then topped up to a degree, again with no funding.

I then started uni and received 18 months worth of support before having to drop out due to health.

I then started a nursing degree with an NHS bursary and reduced maintenance loan. I had to leave this course half way through 3rd year, again due to terrible ill health.

Basically, do I have any options left to fund a final year in either my nursing degree (level 6) or the DipHE in ODP (level 5)?

I'm happy to submit any and all doctors notes about leaving my nursing degree to prove i was physically incapable of continuing. It's just such a complicated situation I wondered if I have any chance of completing training to work in healthcare?

Thanks
Kay
Original post by kaymmm
Hi!

So bear with me, this might be long...

I orginally studied an HND and received no funding, then topped up to a degree, again with no funding.

I then started uni and received 18 months worth of support before having to drop out due to health.

I then started a nursing degree with an NHS bursary and reduced maintenance loan. I had to leave this course half way through 3rd year, again due to terrible ill health.

Basically, do I have any options left to fund a final year in either my nursing degree (level 6) or the DipHE in ODP (level 5)?

I'm happy to submit any and all doctors notes about leaving my nursing degree to prove i was physically incapable of continuing. It's just such a complicated situation I wondered if I have any chance of completing training to work in healthcare?

Thanks
Kay

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your question. Previous study is not taken into our consideration for NHS courses. So this means would receive funding for the new course or your nursing degree. The type of funding you'd get would depend if you withdrew from the last course or suspended. If you withdrew, we would class you as a new student so you would get full support from student finance. If you suspended, we would offer a reduced rate maintenance loan only. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Thanks so much Hazel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending