The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee + Maintenance Loan

Hello!

I currently finished my first year of bachelor degree program and I am an EEA citizen. I am studying at a private school and the annual fee is £6000 which is covered by the tuition loan. However, I would need help with the living cost and I want to find out if there is anything I can do. I came in the UK almost 2 years ago for further studies but my father works in the UK for 3 years already as a self-employed. Can I get a Migrant Worker loan to support my living? If so, how does it work and how do I apply.

Kind regards,

Vlad
Hi Vladmoaga

Thank you for your question.

You will be pleased to know you can still make a Migrant Worker application even if you haven't done so in year one. The form you need to fill is a PN1 (for Full Time English Students) which you can find on https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms. You can apply online or by paper.

If you are applying as a Child of a Migrant Worker the evidence you will need to send is:

Your Original Passport or National Identity Card

Parent/Step-Parents Original Passport or National Identity Card (Proof of Nationality)

If you are over 21 on the first day of the first academic year of your course you must provide evidence that you have a physical or financial dependency on your parent/step-parent

Your Birth Certificate to show you are the child of your biological parent (Migrant Worker).

Evidence if you attended a UK State School

Evidence of parent's employment such as copy of contract of employment, last 3 months payslips, most recent P60 or most recent Self Assessed Tax return, last 3-6 months invoices with coinciding bank statements, evidence of Class 2 NIC contributions if Self Employed

There are many variables to the evidence needed depending on your status so we would advise you to send as much evidence you can to support your application. The address to send the evidence to is
EEA Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Also if your application is approved, your dad will need to send evidence of employment/self employment before each term so that your payments can be released.

Thank you.

Kruti
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending