The Student Room Group

Boyfriend uses me for money

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’ve told him plenty of times

Either he is not listening or you are just too subtle. You need to drop him like a hot potato and find yourself someone who will treat you respect.
(edited 6 years ago)
Dump him hun you don't need that. he is only using you.
Reply 22
Aww doll! I’ve literally just come out of something that was turning in to exactly this.
You care for him and don’t want him to go without so you keep on giving. Him asking you makes you feel wanted by him and it’s nice to know that he can rely on you - but the continuous taking is energy draining.
I eventually cracked and sent this exact message to the guy X lately I’ve felt like you haven’t been putting any effort in and it’s just been me. I feel like your only messaging or calling me when you need something. There’s no asking me how I am or what I’m doing or anything like that. I find it disrespectful and I don’t feel appreciated!’
Unfortunately for me, it turned out he was super selfish and didn’t apologize for making me feel this way. We’re not speaking at the moment and I don’t know if we ever will but I feel this message allowed me to put my feelings out there without throwing all I’ve done in his face but instead bring the issue to light.
Hope this helps x
Original post by vicky_w
Aww doll! I’ve literally just come out of something that was turning in to exactly this.
You care for him and don’t want him to go without so you keep on giving. Him asking you makes you feel wanted by him and it’s nice to know that he can rely on you - but the continuous taking is energy draining.
I eventually cracked and sent this exact message to the guy X lately I’ve felt like you haven’t been putting any effort in and it’s just been me. I feel like your only messaging or calling me when you need something. There’s no asking me how I am or what I’m doing or anything like that. I find it disrespectful and I don’t feel appreciated!’
Unfortunately for me, it turned out he was super selfish and didn’t apologize for making me feel this way. We’re not speaking at the moment and I don’t know if we ever will but I feel this message allowed me to put my feelings out there without throwing all I’ve done in his face but instead bring the issue to light.
Hope this helps x

Yes he says I always throw things in his face about what I’ve done and he hates that but it’s because I’m not appreciated anywyas I’ve broken up with him because we had a huge physical fight.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
Yes he says I always throw things in his face about what I’ve done and he hates that but it’s because I’m not appreciated anywyas I’ve broken up with him because we had a huge physical fight.

Physical fight?! What?!

Oh hun, I hope you’re okay!! Just know it will feel horrid now for a couple weeks but then looking back at this after will be a relief you managed to end it here. Just stay strong and remember your self worth x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending