The Student Room Group
Sounds like somebody has been on Grindr too much lately...

Being a gay teenager is pretty much revolved around sex and labels, you’re very young; wait a few years and you’ll meet people with different intentions
Reply 2
Nah, I think it's an age thing rather than being gay, and your dating pool is a lot smaller than your straight friends. I'm 19 and have already been in two 6 month+ relationships, my current one is almost a year- it is overwhelming when it is seemingly only sexual attention you're getting but you'll meet a boy with the same intentions at some point i am sure
I’m 15 and i have the same problem too
Reply 4
Trust me if Grindr is your only example of how gay men live then youre getting maybe 1000th of the population, I choose not to use it as its a hook up app. Being a teenager is never easy anyway, god im old!

Im divorced after a 7 year gay marriage but I did find someone better in the end, the trick is, and i know its a cliche, when you stop looking you will find someone special because then there is no pressure or desperation (both are unattractive).

Just keep being yourself and if someone doesnt like it then they arent right for you, its the same with heterosexual relationships really, just keep going, it will happen for you.

As a tip when you get to uni join the lgbt group there and meet people in person, they wont ask you for pics in person I guarantee it.
I think gay people often get a bad rep for this. I came out 18 months ago now. My last relationship was for 9 months and I have just started dating another guy now. In both I wanted someone to be happy with and spend time with. Not just have sex.
Reply 6
Adolescents are discovering sexual urges and desires for the first time, and want to experiment sexually to establish their place in that particular area. That precludes relationships for the vast majority, as they swim around the sexual ocean in search of their perfect niche. If you find someone around your own age who wants a relationship, enjoy, but don't exspect it to be permanent.
The problem is that most gay guys don't think about settling down to a relationship until the teenage years are gone (at the earliest!) and that can lead to its own problems. However, if you don't want to sleep around, good for you! Stick to your principles, and sooner or later, a like-minded guy will spot you, and then, who knows? Good luck!
You really really shouldn't be on Grindr at your age - it's a depressing hellhole of an app at any age, but 15 is much too young.

Gay culture is highly sexualised and most gay men are looking for sex. If that isn't what you're looking for, then don't compromise. There are gay guys who are looking for sex. You should stick to guys around your own age because a lot of men (gay and straight) are predatory.
Yep, I really do. But most guys only want me for sex and nothing more and it’s annoying
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 15 and other guys in my year is started to get girlfriends and that. but I'm gay and it seems to me like every other gay male I know is only interested in sex and **** pics from me and not a real relationship. I can imagine a lot of men are like this but do all gay dudes just want sex or do some actually want to go out with people?

I guess its a man-thing. Nothing to do with gay or not. It's also about insecurity about themselves, and life in general.

I really congratulate you for knowing and accepting that you are gay. You might be far ahead in your head. And in teenage years a few months can make a huge difference.

No need to worry too much about it. Take what you get and make the best out of it.
This is why I don't use social media 24/7, I'm gay and in my last year of Senior School, but I go to a really small school in the middle of nowhere. Finding a gay person whom I was attracted to would be seriously impossible. I have just learned to forget about my sexuality and all that BS, and learned to focus more on my studies and exams.

Yeah, dating is fun and blah blah, but your future is more important than a hook up (and at 15???). I know its hard, and urges are crazy, but you will thank yourself for securing a good future. And anyway, Universities are full of different people, we live in a new age, and that means there will be a ton of people to make relationships no matter where you go!

Latest

Trending

Trending