The Student Room Group

my boss asked me to make him some tea!!!!

Heyy

I'm 24 years old very hard working guy
I work as an administrative assistant and a translator in a law firm

I believe that I do beyond what I am expected to, like I everyday stay 4 to 5 extra hours and even come in the weekends, all for nothing,
anyhow, my boss is very demanding and insisting and just don't give a crap about how much effort to make what he wants happen, even though he still got some good in him too.
I love the place that working, I mean my colleagues and even the clients that I work with and u believe that I gaining experience working there even though the load and the annoying boss are stressing me out,
and today he just made me feel very angry and uncomfortable from inside when he asked me to make him coffee when he couldn't find the tea boy around (thank God he suddenly appeared) and I honestly didn't know what say, i said tea!! okay after few seconds that's when the tea boy appeared

so, the thing is that made feel downgraded and humiliated, the fact that he wants to use me any everyway possible.

so, what should I be doing and acting
knowing that, I love all the people in that place and I really need the job.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Heyy

I'm 24 years old very hard working guy
I work as an administrative assistant and a translator in a law firm

I believe that I do beyond what I am expected to, like I everyday stay 4 to 5 extra hours and even come in the weekends, all for nothing,
anyhow, my boss is very demanding and insisting and just don't give a crap about how much effort to make what he wants happen, even though he still got some good in him too.
I love the place that working, I mean my colleagues and even the clients that I work with and u believe that I gaining experience working there even though the load and the annoying boss are stressing me out,
and today he just made me feel very angry and uncomfortable from inside when he asked me to make him coffee when he couldn't find the tea boy around (thank God he suddenly appeared) and I honestly didn't know what say, i said tea!! okay after few seconds that's when the tea boy appeared

so, the thing is that made feel downgraded and humiliated, the fact that he wants to use me any everyway possible.

so, what should I be doing and acting
knowing that, I love all the people in that place and I really need the job.

Lol I hope for your sake you are trolling. You sound just like the other law wannabe that was banned.
Make the tea stop being so precious and get on with it. Ask anyone else including the sec whether they want one as well.
Reply 2
Tell your boss to make his own tea, and if he doesn't like it he can go and work at another law firm.
Original post by Daigan
Tell your boss to make his own tea, and if he doesn't like it he can go and work at another law firm.

Whats wrong with making your colleagues a drink? Too good for you?
Wow. When I joined my job, as a probationer I was expected to make the entire shift tea/coffee at the start and finish of my shift. I did it, had a giggle about it, and passed the torch to the next newbie that came along. If the worst thing your boss is asking you to do is make tea, sounds like a fabulous job to me!
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Whats wrong with making your colleagues a drink? Too good for you?

This is exactly how communism started, don't you know?
What are you complaining about?
Derry Irvine used to ask Tony Blair to make him a tea, when Blair was PM and he was Lord Chancellor. Blair did it without any complaints.
Is your ego bigger than Tony Blair's?

Admin assistants, personal assistants, nurses and secretaries are frequent asked to make tea.
I'm a personal assistant and only begin complaining when a hot drink get chucked at me causing me injury.
Original post by Daigan
This is exactly how communism started, don't you know?

The shite craic brigade are back in town, I see.
Nothing wrong with it, you're not contractually obliged to do it and you can refuse if you want to, but I've made a tea or a coffee for many a boss or colleague in the past if I like them (suppose there would be an opportunity to gob in it if I didn't like them, but I'd rather just tell them to piss off and make their own).
oolong have you worked there ?

:holmes:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Nothing wrong with it, you're not contractually obliged to do it and you can refuse if you want to, but I've made a tea or a coffee for many a boss or colleague in the past if I like them (suppose there would be an opportunity to gob in it if I didn't like them, but I'd rather just tell them to piss off and make their own).

Or commit the heinous crime of putting the milk in first, guaranteeing you'll never be asked to brew up again after that.
Reply 11
You'd last two seconds down the docks. Talk about precious.
Spit in it will empower u
Original post by the bear
oolong have you worked there ?

:holmes:

5 months
Original post by Nuttylin1
Spit in it will empower u

😂😂
Original post by gjd800
You'd last two seconds down the docks. Talk about precious.

😅 why are u saying that
Original post by L.Michie
Or commit the heinous crime of putting the milk in first, guaranteeing you'll never be asked to brew up again after that.

😂😂
Original post by londonmyst
What are you complaining about?
Derry Irvine used to ask Tony Blair to make him a tea, when Blair was PM and he was Lord Chancellor. Blair did it without any complaints.
Is your ego bigger than Tony Blair's?

Admin assistants, personal assistants, nurses and secretaries are frequent asked to make tea.
I'm a personal assistant and only begin complaining when a hot drink get chucked at me causing me injury.

listen, I have no problem with making some coffee or tea for a colleague, that's totally okay, but when your boss ask you to make him that that's an order, I wouldn't mind it if he at least told me that like where it's only me and him, but not I fort of everyone else, don't u think
Original post by Daigan
Tell your boss to make his own tea, and if he doesn't like it he can go and work at another law firm

I'll take that 😂😂😂
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
😅 why are u saying that

Junior members of staff make the brews, end of. This is so middle class that I tweaked me arse cringing at ye.

Latest

Trending

Trending