The Student Room Group

Student finance payment cancelled

Hi everyone!
I have applied for migrant worker loan and also for tuition fee, in a separate application. This morning I received an email saying that I have to apply for tuition fee again as part of my migrant worker loan application. I thought my tuition fee was already confirmed, in fact they made a payment to my uni the 16th of October but now on my student finance account it stays awaiting for cancellation. I'm just a bit nervous about it because obviously I don't have money to pay for my uni year. Do you think that after I send again my application everything will be fine? Am I too late for student finance at this point?
Also, my maintenance loan was approved but they're still waiting for one of my parents to complete the support form for me. Currently on my account I can see I've been awarded with only the minimum amount. Do you think it is due to the fact that my application is not yet totally completed and once they receive all evidence they will award me with the maximum amount?
Thank you!
You should be fine. Talk to your university to let them know that your migrant worker application has been approved and so you need to switch your tuition fee loan over to that application. If they know what’s happening then they won’t work about your fees (unless it isn’t sorted out by next term).

If your maintenance loan has been approved then it’s a formality to add your tuition fee loan to that application. There’s no risk - you just need to fill in the paperwork and wait for SFE to process it.

When SFE has all your household income information then they’ll reassess your maintenance loan upwards and pay the extra.
Original post by FranciSole
Hi everyone!
I have applied for migrant worker loan and also for tuition fee, in a separate application. This morning I received an email saying that I have to apply for tuition fee again as part of my migrant worker loan application. I thought my tuition fee was already confirmed, in fact they made a payment to my uni the 16th of October but now on my student finance account it stays awaiting for cancellation. I'm just a bit nervous about it because obviously I don't have money to pay for my uni year. Do you think that after I send again my application everything will be fine? Am I too late for student finance at this point?
Also, my maintenance loan was approved but they're still waiting for one of my parents to complete the support form for me. Currently on my account I can see I've been awarded with only the minimum amount. Do you think it is due to the fact that my application is not yet totally completed and once they receive all evidence they will award me with the maximum amount?
Thank you!

Hi there,

As we are not able to merge an EU student application for the Tuition Fee Loan and a Migrant Worker application for the Maintenance Loan together, we would need you to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan on your Migrant Worker application.

Did the Migrant Worker team send you a Tuition Fee Loan request form to complete? If so, please complete this and send to the following address as soon as possible so that we can update your application:
EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Once we have received your parents income information, we will be able to assess you for the higher Maintenance Loan funding.

Your parents can either sponsor your application on their online account or by sending us a paper PFF2 form.

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Ashley
Hi there,

As we are not able to merge an EU student application for the Tuition Fee Loan and a Migrant Worker application for the Maintenance Loan together, we would need you to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan on your Migrant Worker application.

Did the Migrant Worker team send you a Tuition Fee Loan request form to complete? If so, please complete this and send to the following address as soon as possible so that we can update your application:
EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Once we have received your parents income information, we will be able to assess you for the higher Maintenance Loan funding.

Your parents can either sponsor your application on their online account or by sending us a paper PFF2 form.

Thanks, Ashley.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.
I received a letter from my university that the payment is overdue and needs to be paid immediately. I sent an email explaining the situation. Am I going to get in trouble? Will it be long to process my application by student finance?
Original post by FranciSole
Hi there, thanks for your reply.
I received a letter from my university that the payment is overdue and needs to be paid immediately. I sent an email explaining the situation. Am I going to get in trouble? Will it be long to process my application by student finance?

Hi there,

At the moment it is currently taking the Migrant Worker Team 23 working days to process applications from the date they are received. In the meantime we advise you to speak to your university and explain your Migrant Worker application is still being processed.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending