The Student Room Group

Placement year questions

I’m applying to the Biomedical Science sandwich course at Westminster, Greenwich, St George and Brunel. When should I apply for the job in the placement year, first or second year ? And If I can’t find one, can I still go straight into the final year to finish the course ?

Thanks,
Original post by Kien Le
I’m applying to the Biomedical Science sandwich course at Westminster, Greenwich, St George and Brunel. When should I apply for the job in the placement year, first or second year ? And If I can’t find one, can I still go straight into the final year to finish the course ?

Thanks,

Each of those universities will have different arrangements. This is the sort of question to ask on an applicant/offer holder day (along with how they help arrange placements, whether most placements are paid and whether unpaid placements are eligible for full student loans).
Original post by Kien Le

Thanks,

Hi there

At Westminster you will apply for the placement job during your 2nd year of study. The placement job will be between your 2nd and 3rd year of study. You complete your placement and will go into your final year to finish your degree.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 3
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

At Westminster you will apply for the placement job during your 2nd year of study. The placement job will be between your 2nd and 3rd year of study. You complete your placement and will go into your final year to finish your degree.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

What if I cannot get a placement, can I still go straight into the final year ?
Original post by Kien Le
What if I cannot get a placement, can I still go straight into the final year ?

Yes of course you will go straight into your final year.

Kim
Reply 5
Original post by University of Westminster
Yes of course you will go straight into your final year.

Kim

Thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending