The Student Room Group

5 Week Cold

I started having a cold on the 17th October after a night clubbing, being stupid I went drinking again 5 days later (22nd) with cold symptoms - only at a pub, wasn't there that long. Again being stupid I went clubbing on the 5th November despite my cold symptoms not being any better...Ok now call me stupid but I went clubbing again on Thursday night (7th Nov), all this time my cold symptoms where basically the same. But the whole of that weekend I felt really ill - was being sick, and felt really bad - so went to the walk in and was prescribed antibiotics for a week. Its now two weeks after I was prescribed them - a week after the course finished - and also two weeks of no clubbing or drinking (so 5 weeks of having this cold), yet I am still coughing and have a runny nose, sometimes feeling a bit sick.

Now I am assuming this is just because of my stupidity and given a week or two more of rest it will get better, but does anyone think that I should get this checked out again? When prescribed the antibiotics I was told if it didn't improve after two weeks I should get it checked out, it has now been two weeks, and I feel a bit better but I am still coughing and it is getting quite annoying...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Why anon? It's not ebola...
well mate i think the season's just hitting hard and u won't be dying any time soon bc of it so i just say hold on a little longer
go see your GP
Reply 4
If you feel you have got better, and finished your round of antibiotics, you could give it another few days. If the symptoms persist or get worse, you could then see a GP as soon as possible. I think it would probably be best that you see the GP, considering they told you if the symptoms persist after antibiotics, to see them and also you seem to be a little anxious about it.

EDIT: edited to clarify answer.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest