The Student Room Group

How to get rid of a fake friend and not feel bad?

I’ve been dealing with a friend who doesn’t really instigate conversations with me. I end up starting face to face and text conversation with her and she gives short replies. She hangs out with others and doesn’t really have tIme to hang with me. I don’t wanna be clingy and I also have defended her when was in trouble. I’m meeting her face to face soon and I will end this friendship but how do I deal with these nerves and guilt?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
As with anything, be frank and honest about the situation. Show and express your feelings to her that you really cared. Honesty is the best policy.
Original post by Teabags01
I’ve been dealing with a friend who doesn’t really instigate conversations with me. I end up starting face to face and text conversation with her and she gives short replies. She hangs out with others and doesn’t really have tIme to hang with me. I don’t wanna be clingy and I also have defended her when was in trouble. I’m meeting her face to face soon and she will bring this friendship but how do I deal with these nerves and guilt?

If she's not putting in the effort, then maybe it's time to call it a day and not bother messaging her? True friends will make the effort. Your time is more important than using it putting effort into a friendship which is not giving back!
Original post by Mrdesi
As with anything, be frank and honest about the situation. Show and express your feelings to her that you really cared. Honesty is the best policy.

Thank you for the advice. Hopefully my confrontation with her goes well.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
If she's not putting in the effort, then maybe it's time to call it a day and not bother messaging her? True friends will make the effort. Your time is more important than using it putting effort into a friendship which is not giving back!

I’ve been told that by my family too but it’s different coming from another person so thank you.
I want to know why you’re still meeting her face to face why not cut her off now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending