The Student Room Group

Student Finance course not in system

Hi!
A few months ago I internally transferred courses. I sent in my new forms to student finance and got my payment schedule letter for the new course mid-August. Now, the issue was that the course was marked down as a sandwich course, which I am not doing. I called SFE and was told that’s something they can change internally and I don’t need to do anything. Fast forward a few weeks and I get an email from SFE saying they are now funding me for my previous course again?? I called and explained the situation, and was told that the university had closed the 3 year course for new students. After getting in contact with the university about this, I was told they are unable to send a change of circumstances form (which SFE needs to verify me on the course in their system). I have been in contact with both parties many times now and nothing has been resolved. This is clearly a miscommunication between SFE and the university and there is nothing I, as an individual, can do. The university is straight up refusing to resolve this. The university I’m taking about is Sheffield Hallam University.
Any advise is highly appreciated. Just a side note: I am an EU student, so simply “canceling and reapplying” for SFE is not an option for me.
Original post by lukab
Hi!
A few months ago I internally transferred courses. I sent in my new forms to student finance and got my payment schedule letter for the new course mid-August. Now, the issue was that the course was marked down as a sandwich course, which I am not doing. I called SFE and was told that’s something they can change internally and I don’t need to do anything. Fast forward a few weeks and I get an email from SFE saying they are now funding me for my previous course again?? I called and explained the situation, and was told that the university had closed the 3 year course for new students. After getting in contact with the university about this, I was told they are unable to send a change of circumstances form (which SFE needs to verify me on the course in their system). I have been in contact with both parties many times now and nothing has been resolved. This is clearly a miscommunication between SFE and the university and there is nothing I, as an individual, can do. The university is straight up refusing to resolve this. The university I’m taking about is Sheffield Hallam University.
Any advise is highly appreciated. Just a side note: I am an EU student, so simply “canceling and reapplying” for SFE is not an option for me.

Hi, your university can contact us and send a change of circumstance task with the correct course details or you can complete the paper form http://ow.ly/d/8nhX and send this in the post with the correct details.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending