The Student Room Group

Am I entitled to second degree loan?

Hello!

So I’m studying my masters in public health and have a postgrad loan. However since studying, and working at the NHS for experience I’ve realised I want to work in a clinical setting.

I already have a degree, and now studying the masters but am considering applying for a course in ODP instead.

Am I entitled to another loan? Student finance only pay on attendance so if I was to finish my part time course in September next year and get the pgdip I wouldn’t use all of the masters loan and this could be returned to student finance.
Original post by Libra101
Hello!

So I’m studying my masters in public health and have a postgrad loan. However since studying, and working at the NHS for experience I’ve realised I want to work in a clinical setting.

I already have a degree, and now studying the masters but am considering applying for a course in ODP instead.

Am I entitled to another loan? Student finance only pay on attendance so if I was to finish my part time course in September next year and get the pgdip I wouldn’t use all of the masters loan and this could be returned to student finance.

Hi, please can you confirm your current and your new course details including the university name?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, please can you confirm your current and your new course details including the university name?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi,

It’s the masters in public health at city uni (current)... and ODP at Christchurch university in Canterbury BSC, new course.

Is it true that paramedical science isn’t on the exemptions list?
Original post by Libra101
Hi,

It’s the masters in public health at city uni (current)... and ODP at Christchurch university in Canterbury BSC, new course.

Is it true that paramedical science isn’t on the exemptions list?

For the 2019/20 and 2020/21 AY we will fund the following Allied Health Professional courses;

Chiropody
Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
Dietetics
Dietetics and nutrition
Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing and social work (Dual honours)
Occupational therapy
Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
Orthoptics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry
Prosthetics and Orthotics
Radiography
Radiotherapy
Speech and language therapy

You will be able to receive funding for an Operating Department Practice course, your previous study will not affect your eligibility.

Yes, it's correct that paramedicine is not an exception course unless you receive funding from the Ambulance Server Trust.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending