The Student Room Group

living with partner under 25 with a child

Hello, I was told I was entitled to 85 percent of my childcare as I'm under 25 and living with partner but not married. I was also told that his income wouldnt affect my maintaince loan but today when I contacted sfe i was told it could affect my maintenance loan.
Looking on older threads SFE advisors were telling a lady in my exact same position ( under 25 living with partner and her child) that his income wouldn't affect childcare grant and a child tax letter would be sufficient to prove the child is supported by her financially. Which is what I provided. yet I've been told his income was taken into account. And that I'm no longer entitled to any help. I need urgent advice as we have had our child in nursery and cant afford to pay the full amount?

thank you
Original post by sofper03
Hello, I was told I was entitled to 85 percent of my childcare as I'm under 25 and living with partner but not married. I was also told that his income wouldnt affect my maintaince loan but today when I contacted sfe i was told it could affect my maintenance loan.
Looking on older threads SFE advisors were telling a lady in my exact same position ( under 25 living with partner and her child) that his income wouldn't affect childcare grant and a child tax letter would be sufficient to prove the child is supported by her financially. Which is what I provided. yet I've been told his income was taken into account. And that I'm no longer entitled to any help. I need urgent advice as we have had our child in nursery and cant afford to pay the full amount?

thank you

Hi, when you apply for the childcare grant there is a question that states 'are you under 25 with a partner' and your partners income will be requested. We will work out who the child is mostly dependant on.

His income won't affect your Maintenance Loan as you are under 25.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending