The Student Room Group

How do bigger girls get into relationships and I can't?

Am I too skinny or something? Do guys prefer bigger girls? Like I see bigger girls with a good looking guys all the time when I go out and me I'm skinny but have never been with anyone. I also know other skinny girls who are single. Like we're not so ugly that we aren't worth it or out of anyone's league. I don't get it, are guys intimidated by me? I'm not shallow or anything just because I'm skinny. Why do all the bigger girls get the guys and I can't even get one?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe because looks are not the only factor when dating...
Bruh why you even comparing yourself to 'bigger' girls, you just need to find a guy who likes you, it won't be every guy out there, but there will be someone.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Justaboutalive
Bruh why you even comparing yourself to 'bigger' girls, you just need to find a guy who like you, it won't be every guy out there, but there will be someone.

The problem is how do I find a guy who will like me? It's even more difficult now with covid
Original post by Anonymous
The problem is how do I find a guy who will like me? It's even more difficult now with covid

If you are in uni or college you can meet guys, or you can meet people online, just be friendly and open. Be yourself tbh.
Are you suggesting there is something wrong with bigger girls and that you are somehow better than them?
Try not to worry- there are plenty of single guys in the dating sea . :smile:

Different guys have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many guys who are highly looks attracted prefer to date girls of a specific physical type or look.
Petite girls, girls with a more thicc body appearance, particular hairstyle/complexion/eye & hair colour.
While other guys are more attracted by a girl's ambitions, background, income, personality, political beliefs, religious fervour or other personal values.
I’m a size 0-2 and can’t even seem to find clothes anymore - that’s my biggest issue atm lol.
I’m a size 0-2 and can’t even seem to find clothes anymore - that’s my biggest issue atm lol.

Have you looked at clothes available online imported from Japan and the USA?
Reply 9
Original post by black tea
Are you suggesting there is something wrong with bigger girls and that you are somehow better than them?

No I'm not saying that, there is nothing wrong with bigger girls and I don't think I am better than them.
Are you somehow better than them then?

No that's not what I said.
Original post by londonmyst
Have you looked at clothes available online imported from Japan and the USA?

Actually no, I’m currently living inEU but not in the UK and have to pay a lot for taxes and stuff, so I don’t really order online. It’s just that, it’s making me feel worse than I probably look lol. I feel like a skeleton, but irl it’s not that bad I’m told....
Reply 12

Maybe stop worrying about ‘finding’ a guy and just live your life. Stop waiting on people, let them come to you.
Original post by Shhh_1
Maybe stop worrying about ‘finding’ a guy and just live your life. Stop waiting on people, let them come to you.

I tried that for years and no one came to me.
Reply 14
I tried that for years and no one came to me.

So what if no one came to you? At the end of the day, you don't need a man to make your life complete. It's not the end of the world.
(edited 2 years ago)
lol move to South Korea they love skinny and pale girls
Original post by Shhh_1
So what if no one came to you? At the end of the day, you don't need a man to make your life complete. It's not the end of the world.

Lol that’s literally the worst thing to say to someone who wants to be in a relationship 😂
lol move to South Korea they love skinny and pale girls

Are you suggesting she take a plane ticket for some peen? Lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Are you suggesting she take a plane ticket for some peen? Lol

I was being sarcastic. Anyway I've never heard of a girl being rejected just for being skinny. Maybe it's her face that isnt attractive
Reply 19
I’m sorry but the way you’ve worded this whole thing is horrific. Whether intentionally or not, you’re basically suggesting that because you’re skinny, you should have a better chance of somebody being attracted to you and that you find it bizarre that men are attracted to “bigger” girls.
Maybe it’s your attitude that’s the problem, not your weight 🤷🏼*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending