The Student Room Group

Changing subject from HND to BA Degree

Hello - I would really appreciate any help/advice on my situation. Has anyone else been through this:

I studied HND Graphic Design (foundation degree) and this used up 2 years of my student finance. However, I always wished I chose Fine Art - my parents were very pushy. Now I am 22 y/o and have been accepted onto BA Fine Art course. However, they would like me to start from the 1st year rather than direct entry into the 2nd year..... will S.F.E allow me to pay for the 3rd year rather than 1st? If they could help me by allowing me to use the other two years of loan for the first two years of the BA degree then I can save to pay for the 3rd year during this time.

I am so stuck and would appreciate any help or advice. I feel like i have really screwed up with my decisions here. But who really knows what they want to do at 18 y/o?
Original post by ssa101
Hello - I would really appreciate any help/advice on my situation. Has anyone else been through this:

I studied HND Graphic Design (foundation degree) and this used up 2 years of my student finance. However, I always wished I chose Fine Art - my parents were very pushy. Now I am 22 y/o and have been accepted onto BA Fine Art course. However, they would like me to start from the 1st year rather than direct entry into the 2nd year..... will S.F.E allow me to pay for the 3rd year rather than 1st? If they could help me by allowing me to use the other two years of loan for the first two years of the BA degree then I can save to pay for the 3rd year during this time.

I am so stuck and would appreciate any help or advice. I feel like i have really screwed up with my decisions here. But who really knows what they want to do at 18 y/o?

Hi there, if you have 2 years of previous study, you will be required to self fund the first year. It's not possible to switch this to the final year.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending