The Student Room Group

When to submit application

Hi there, I have recently received an offer from one of my second choice unis but not yet for my first choice. Do I need to wait for an actual offer first before I submit my application? Thanks.
I don’t understand the question? What subject are you applying for?

If it’s ucas and you’re planning to go to uni this september then you would have already applied if you have an offer. You need to wait to hear back from the other unis you applied to, then once you know if you have any other offers you need to decide which to make your firm choice, and which to make your insurance. Most people make their insurance choice one that has lower grades, so if you miss your grades for your firm then you’d go to your insurance.
Haha sorry I hadn’t spotted that - on my phone it doesn’t show the full header showing which forum :flute: - and I just did my SF application this week too 🙄

Sorry @XXXXpika777- it all makes sense now x It’s fairly easy to change your nominated uni once you know where you’re going, and it’s a good idea to get your application in early to avoid the rush that’ll happen closer the the start date. Where are you hoping to go?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AnnaBananana
Haha sorry I hadn’t spotted that - on my phone it doesn’t show the full header showing which forum :flute: - and I just did my SF application this week too 🙄

Sorry @XXXXpika777- it all makes sense now x It’s fairly easy to change your nominated uni once you know where you’re going, and it’s a good idea to get your application in early to avoid the rush that’ll happen closer the the start date. Where are you hoping to go?

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to go to Qmul for medicine. The thing is if I get into Qmul then I won't be applying for accommodation, which may affect my decision whether to apply for maintenance loans. Also, after I submit my application do I log back into my account in order to change my university options?
Original post by XXXXpika777
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to go to Qmul for medicine. The thing is if I get into Qmul then I won't be applying for accommodation, which may affect my decision whether to apply for maintenance loans. Also, after I submit my application do I log back into my account in order to change my university options?

Hi there, if you have submitted your application you can make changes to your university/living during term time if your course hasn't started. You would login and make the changes online in your account under change my application and course details. If the course has started the change would need to come direct from the university.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending