The Student Room Group

How to ask mum for therapy

How do I bring up to my mum I want therapy. I’m 15. Soon to be 16. I want to go therapy. I’ve struggled with mental health since I was 8. I am in a relationship of 6 months, I’ve come to realise I have an unhealthy attachment to him, I love him so much but my whole mood relys on him and I can be obsessed at times. I realise this is not great and I want help. And other things as well lead me to want therapy such as depression. How do I bring this up?
If you have a good relationship with your mum you could just be honest and say mum i want to talk to you about how I feel. I feel I would benefit from counselling because... Also, some schools offer it for free so you could ask your tutor if there is a possibility of you getting it at school. I used to miss IT for mine. Counselling is very expensive so this might be worth seeing is a possibility.
Re- unhealthy attachment that is common in young people's relationships but is not great. It is good you have identified the issue and now you can work on the solution.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I bring up to my mum I want therapy. I’m 15. Soon to be 16. I want to go therapy. I’ve struggled with mental health since I was 8. I am in a relationship of 6 months, I’ve come to realise I have an unhealthy attachment to him, I love him so much but my whole mood relys on him and I can be obsessed at times. I realise this is not great and I want help. And other things as well lead me to want therapy such as depression. How do I bring this up?
Original post by Rubyrubyruby09
If you have a good relationship with your mum you could just be honest and say mum i want to talk to you about how I feel. I feel I would benefit from counselling because... Also, some schools offer it for free so you could ask your tutor if there is a possibility of you getting it at school. I used to miss IT for mine. Counselling is very expensive so this might be worth seeing is a possibility.
Re- unhealthy attachment that is common in young people's relationships but is not great. It is good you have identified the issue and now you can work on the solution.

Thank you, I don’t go to school, I’m in college and I’m leaving for an apprenticeship in 2 months so there’s not much point going through them. And yes I have realised my issues with attachment and this is probably mainly due to my childhood and has been a theme throughout my life but only recently become a noticeable issue for myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending