The Student Room Group

Student finance and NHS bursary

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me guidance on how student finance bursaries work for healthcare courses because I am very confused.

I have read that I can apply for a NHS bursary of £2600 and my tuition fees paid for. However this means my student loan from SFE is reduced to £2600.

Although the NHS bursary is very generous, it would mean I would only be eligible for £5200 which would only cover my accommodation. Because I am from a low income family my siblings received £9800 from SFE for maintenance costs.

Is there a way I can apply for an additional loan or would I have to reject the NHS bursary? Thanks
Original post by jacobwyatt
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me guidance on how student finance bursaries work for healthcare courses because I am very confused.

I have read that I can apply for a NHS bursary of £2600 and my tuition fees paid for. However this means my student loan from SFE is reduced to £2600.

Although the NHS bursary is very generous, it would mean I would only be eligible for £5200 which would only cover my accommodation. Because I am from a low income family my siblings received £9800 from SFE for maintenance costs.

Is there a way I can apply for an additional loan or would I have to reject the NHS bursary? Thanks

Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When does your course start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When does your course start? Thanks, Karen

Cardiff University, physiotherapy BSC. For September 2023
Cardiff University, physiotherapy BSC. For September 2023

Are you applying for funding to Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Are you applying for funding to Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales? Thanks, Karen

Student finance england
Student finance england

In order for the team to review the funding you are entitled to receive you would need to discuss your options with NHS Bursary Team to see if you are eligible for funding from them. You would then need to complete your application for funding for the team to review. Once this has ben received and processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending