The Student Room Group

Unreasonable towards my ocd?

My parents aren’t very sympathetic towards my ocd- basically I used lots of tissues today and they had a go about it. Removing any tissues from my room and other rooms. Is this unreasonable? I’ll inform my therapist about it and see what they say but it makes me more stressed when they do this and makes me feel trapped like a prisoner in my own home- instead of talking about it my parents just start shouting
Original post by Anonymous
My parents aren’t very sympathetic towards my ocd- basically I used lots of tissues today and they had a go about it. Removing any tissues from my room and other rooms. Is this unreasonable? I’ll inform my therapist about it and see what they say but it makes me more stressed when they do this and makes me feel trapped like a prisoner in my own home- instead of talking about it my parents just start shouting

It does sound like your parents aren't as understanding as they should be. Would your parents listen to any recommendations made by your therapist? That may help to improve their reactions in future, hopefully reducing your stress levels at home and the frequency of compulsive thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending