The Student Room Group

Student maintenance loan does not cover my rent

First I’d like to say that I knew it could cover all my rent so yes I’ve been working to save up but I do not have enough saved as I’ve just payed of the rest of my rent for my current accommodation.

Anyways I’m being given 4k and that’s with my household income being measured, my parents aren’t the type that would help. My rent for next year is around 8k. I don’t know what to do. Should I try applying for financial hardship? I did this last year but it made no difference, I don’t think I can work two jobs and study full time again, if I do I might fail.
I’m struggling to find any grants and scholarships that would be suitable for me, I’ve reached out to my university and I’m currently just waiting to hear back from them

I
Original post by cinaberry
First I’d like to say that I knew it could cover all my rent so yes I’ve been working to save up but I do not have enough saved as I’ve just payed of the rest of my rent for my current accommodation.

Anyways I’m being given 4k and that’s with my household income being measured, my parents aren’t the type that would help. My rent for next year is around 8k. I don’t know what to do. Should I try applying for financial hardship? I did this last year but it made no difference, I don’t think I can work two jobs and study full time again, if I do I might fail.
I’m struggling to find any grants and scholarships that would be suitable for me, I’ve reached out to my university and I’m currently just waiting to hear back from them

I

Hi there,

If you have been assessed using the household income then we can't award anything else to you. We would suggest speaking to your university to see if they know of any bursaries/scholarships you can apply for.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending