The Student Room Group

if i've never been catcalled am i probably really ugly

i know catcalling is a bad thing and i am *not* saying it's a positive form of complimenting at all, i just wonder why is has never happened to me.
i'm not pretty, definitely on the ugly side, but like 85% of girls my age have been catcalled so am i really in the 15% of the most visually unappealing girls..
i know where you live would change the statistics but most people i know have been catcalled or something similar.
even though catcalling is a bad thing it makes me feel extremely insecure :frown: please don't reply to this saying "you don't need male validation" or anything like that i just want to know if this means people think i am really ugly.
please don't move this to a forum where i won't be anonymous
Reply 1
You've just dropped the glass ceiling faster than the one on the Oceans Gate Titan.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
You've just dropped the glass ceiling faster than the one on the Oceans Gate Titan.

what?
Why would you want to be catcalled lol
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i know catcalling is a bad thing and i am *not* saying it's a positive form of complimenting at all, i just wonder why is has never happened to me.
i'm not pretty, definitely on the ugly side, but like 85% of girls my age have been catcalled so am i really in the 15% of the most visually unappealing girls..
i know where you live would change the statistics but most people i know have been catcalled or something similar.
even though catcalling is a bad thing it makes me feel extremely insecure :frown: please don't reply to this saying "you don't need male validation" or anything like that i just want to know if this means people think i am really ugly.

Proper men/boys dont catcall, and the ones that do often just do it for attention (as in looking confident in front of others/peers, i have seen many do it as a horrible joke to degrade a woman) or if they believe they will get a reaction (regardless of whether they are attracted to someone or not) or see lots of flesh on display. The joy of anecdotal evidence/stats (like the one you just presented) is it is no way generalisable to the wider world. Catcalling is not the same as liking or finding someone attractive.

Greg
Original post by greg tony
Proper men/boys dont catcall,

Exactly

This is like me saying I'm insecure no one is mugging me, am I not worth mugging or something?
Catcalling isn't as commonplace as it used to be, so don't expect it to happen. Many men acknowledge that it is now considered disrespectful.
(edited 10 months ago)
What a ridiculous thread title.
I understand your perspective. Personally, I've considered myself attractive, However, I've noticed a change over the past year—I don't get catcalled as much anymore. But why? it's because I've started to prioritize self-worth, taking better care of myself, focusing on my education, and improving my speaking style. This change has projected an image of confidence and self-respect, making me less approachable to those seeking to objectify or disrespect me! It's important you prioritize self-value and not be deterred by catcalling. Respecting yourself draws in people of real character, not just those who see you as an object. :smile:
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1

Very honestly, yes.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Being catcalled makes me feel incredibly insecure, its not a nice feeling to have and good people don’t do it. It doesn’t say anything about your looks, i know some stunning people who haven’t experienced catcalling. Its a good thing to have not experienced something sexist and degrading towards women.

Latest

Trending

Trending