The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MagicNMedicine
And I don't see why the guys on this thread are getting so worked up about girls asserting that they have standards, they are only doing what we do.....guys are much more looks oriented, deep down, than girls are, this is what drives the cosmetic and fashion industry, girls know they have to devote a significant part of their lives to looking good because thats what they need to do to compete, whereas we don't.

The difference with guys and girls is that guys will entertain the idea of a bit of casual fun with girls they don't find that attractive more readily than girls would with guys. The stuff like going up to girls grinding in a club and being sleazy is usually what guys do to girls who they don't massively fancy, else they'd be too nervous, and also the fear of rejection and being made to look an idiot would kick in if it was a girl they were attracted to. Some lads will feel under social pressure from their mates to be seen to "get some", so they will aim at a standard of girl they think they can easily get, hence the bump and grind style dancing. Girls can probably pick up on this which is another reason why they're repulsed, because really they're being taken the mick out of.

You seem to have a wise head on your shoulders and I agree with this post and your previous one and because of that you're getting some pos rep from me at midnight :woo:
Reply 81
BossManSingh
Can I kick it after?

:coma: yeah!
MagicNMedicine
And I don't see why the guys on this thread are getting so worked up about girls asserting that they have standards, they are only doing what we do.....guys are much more looks oriented, deep down, than girls are, this is what drives the cosmetic and fashion industry, girls know they have to devote a significant part of their lives to looking good because thats what they need to do to compete, whereas we don't.

The difference with guys and girls is that guys will entertain the idea of a bit of casual fun with girls they don't find that attractive more readily than girls would with guys. The stuff like going up to girls grinding in a club and being sleazy is usually what guys do to girls who they don't massively fancy, else they'd be too nervous, and also the fear of rejection and being made to look an idiot would kick in if it was a girl they were attracted to. Some lads will feel under social pressure from their mates to be seen to "get some", so they will aim at a standard of girl they think they can easily get, hence the bump and grind style dancing. Girls can probably pick up on this which is another reason why they're repulsed, because really they're being taken the mick out of.

Allow me to sum this uo in 2 words.

White. That's the first one.

Knight. Second.
emmers1990
:coma: yeah!

Must be my lucky day :cool:

Could I hit your ovaries with a spanner tomorrow? :o:
Reply 84
Sithius
So if a poor guy who happens to be a 'diminutive' 6' comes to you, you tell him to **** off because he doesn't quite reach your standards?

**** off. I'll count myself lucky. You may talk like you're another Megan Fox, but without a profile picture you can keep that notion to yourself.

In heels I'm 6'3", so a man who is 6' would be shorter. And I would never tell a man to **** off, because that's rude. In return, I expect a bit of respect back. Another standard.

I have standards about the kind of men I go for and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you have a problem with me having standards then that is simply your problem, not mine. If having standards like mine makes me seem vain then fine - I have been spoiled by pulling hot guys in the past, and don't see any reason to consciously say I will go for less good-looking guys!
Reply 85
I lose a lot of respect for girls who expect drinks to be bought for them.
Reply 86
MagicNMedicine

Exactly.

Women put so much more effort into their appearance - mostly the things men don't really notice i.e. waxing, nails, shimmer etc. And when you've spent time and money looking good, its a real motivator to up your standards. If I've spent an hour getting ready, I'm going to be aiming for Adonis rather than Quasimodo. Fact.

Pos rep for you.
Reply 87
nadiah
If I was single, I'd like a guy to come up to me, break the ice by saying something cute/funny/witty (BUT NO CHAT UP LINES/CHEESE/SMARM), intrduce himself, and then offer to buy me a drink.

Yeah and I'd like a girl to come up to me and ask if she could come back to mine and lick peanut-butter off my dick. But it's just not gonna happen.
Local_United_Fan
Oh **** off loads of girls go clubbing to get laid. You're precious, golden, inaccessible pussy is really not going to put off your average guy - you ain't special.

This is how girls want to be approached in clubs!

I might try it out once i get my health insurance in order:p:
Shadowball
loads of girls i know are just the complete opposite about this..
haha

I'm unique! No but seriously, I'm in a relationship so not on the pull but I do like a good dance! And as Eskimojo said after quoting me, I'll happily talk and laugh with anyone who comes upto me - I'm nice like that :yep: - I just don't appreciate rehearsed lines or sleazy looks :p: I'd just laugh and get back to dancing :crazy:

:bigsmile:
Reply 90
Talk about energy saving bulbs and saving the world and becoming carbon neutral and not using fossil fuels and using chicken poo.

Girls want a superman and when you talk like that they love it! :ninja:
TenthAvenueFreezeOut
Damn.

Damn.

Damn.

Damn.

I will never talk to a girl at a club again.

LOL you read my mind.
Reply 92
lekky
Now, I understand why guys like Megan Fox to **** over, but to actually go out with? Srsly? someone that fake? And those tattoos are just plain tacky..

Is someone a bit jealous :p: ?
Reply 93
Cook
Is someone a bit jealous :p: ?

Yeah I don't deny she is freaking hot as hell & got a figure to die for -- she should do she payed enough for it. But she is way fake & tacky so all-in-all.... there are far better people to be jealous of & so although I would do her, I wouldn't date her.
stainluss
This is how girls want to be approached in clubs!

I might try it out once i get my health insurance in order:p:

U a member of blazin' squad brah?
Reply 95
EskimoJo
Me too! :dancing:

Main aim is to dance and have a laugh with my mates. I would mind being chatted to by guys. I've started/been involved with friendly conversations in queues and at the bar before, with both guys and girls, so if a guy wanted to 'approach' me, he could just chat to me at the bar and ask if I'm having a good night or if I'd like a dance, maybe compliment what I'm wearing, maybe have a mutual laugh at the people in fancy dress/naked/dressed sluttishly. :dontknow:

Just don't approach my arse with your dick and you'll probably get a decent reaction. :smile:

This.

:lolwut: @ guys like that!

:five: @ :dancing: and having a good time. :smile:
Reply 96
santeria
I go clubbing to have fun with my friends not to be harassed and touched inappropriately! When will men learn this?

I'm guessing when you turn them away.
Reply 97
TenthAvenueFreezeOut
Damn.

Damn.

Damn.

Damn.

I will never talk to a girl at a club again.

Legend.
Local_United_Fan
U a member of blazin' squad brah?

yes, yes i am:rolleyes:
Reply 99
Not as a sweeping statement but just to bring up the point. Girls also dress up and spend ages deciding what to wear (not sure how to word it) to impress/ be better than other girls. Sometimes it has nothing to do with attracting men. Just to feel better in yourself that you are the better dressed girl in the room. I dont know for a fact, but i would imagine a lot of men dont care how 'fashionable' the girls outfit is or if it is on trend. Obv they dont want someone who is dressed like a granny but hopefully you get the idea.
I dont think i worded this very well...

Latest

Trending

Trending