The Student Room Group

Have you ever cried over a girl or guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teveth
Your sig interests me. I have no intention of buying that horrendously over-marketed book, but I am curious to know what's in it. Are you able to tell me the key points?

Not that I have trouble with women. I'm, errr, asking for a friend.

You can always get a refund if you don't like the books. But in a nutshell....

'Without Embarrassment' is a guide about getting in touch with your own natural confidence and outlines a way to approach and meet women without risking your ego. It also deals with fear of rejection, etc. It delves into the background of why a lot of men have trouble with/lack confidence with meeting and dating women today, and outlines some workable solutions that can rectify your situation. It's quite a 'deep' book and goes into a lot of detail, but isn't too 'formal' so it's easy to read and follow. I very much like Mike Pilinski's writing style.

'She's Yours For The Taking' expands on the first book somewhat, but also gives some genuine advice about sorting your life out from the ground up, everything from finances to having your own place etc. Again, it expands on the advice in the first book and gives some more workable solutions to make your dating life work.

Neither book is based on bull**** 'Pickup Artist' theory, there are no fake techniques, etc...they both teach you to get in touch with your natural inner confidence and to bring it out and let your most confident self shine, and to get rid of the negative attitudes that are holding you back. Once you achieve this, then meeting and dating women becomes a natural side effect of being a man.

I think you can have a look at the table of contents for each book on the website, and even read a sample of his books there. You can also read some of his free articles to get a feel for his dating philosophy. He's a nice guy too and responds personally to your emails if you have any questions.

Another excellent book I recommend is 'Mode One, let the women know what you're REALLY thinking' by Alan Roger Currie. It explains how to be honest with women and say what you are really thinking, and to let them know you're attracted to them and want to hook up with them, instead of beating around the bush with small talk or pretending you want to be friends etc.

I found all these books useful in getting my own dating life sorted out. Good luck.
Reply 21
Hell yeah!

The first time I cried really hard over a guy was when I was 15, and he asked me to be his girlfriend...then the next day told me that he took it back and just wanted to be friends, broke my heart! I got my own back in the end...

Cried plenty of times with my current boyfriend too, but I am one big mushball of cryness.*

* I know this not a word, neither is mushball...just sounds appropiate :ninja:
Reply 22
Original post by Ayostunner
yup, me and my bf just broke up tonight
my eyes are still swollen and red, im soo numb
its horrible but its what he wants :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by purple_starlight
I cried over a guy when i expressed my feelings for him and he didn't feel the same way....I kept in the feelings for a good ol' 3 years though....so the crying was just all the emotion bursting out my brains....

crying is good :smile: makes me feel better

....makes me feel less of an over-expanding-emotion-balloon...

Did you cry in front of him? How did you find out he didnt feel the same way?

theres been many girls i have known over the years and i have feelings for them, but they dont know i exist/know anything about me or know me. i dont cry...but often i feel like i want to, if it makes sense (strong feeling of rejection/unwantedness)
Reply 24
yes. we broke up a week ago, and she has been trying to contact me ever since when i just want her to leave me alone - sheer frustration in trying to not be a bastard about it when i have to be to do the right thing :frown:
Yes.

I was 9.
Reply 26
Original post by BenOliver21
I dumped this girl, and it wasn't until about a year afterwards that I had this really weird empathetic experience where I realised how much of a horrible person I was and how it would have been if I was in her shoes. I cried myself to sleep that night.

A year later? Hmm
Kind of...

is he Ghanaian?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
She said she would never leave me no matter what but alas she did..couldn't control myself...loved her too much...cried a lot
Original post by + polarity -
Kind of...

is he Ghanaian?

actually he's nigerian
Reply 30
michael hussey

actually he's nigerian

Oh, then good riddance tbh
A few times with the person I'm with currently, no one else though.
Reply 33
I don't let anyone close.
Yeah 1st guy- a little but was more pissed off tbh

2nd guy-Nah I expected it

3rd guy-hell yes- 1year of relationship and a tearful breakup

4th guy- still going strong

I'm going through this too, man, why is everyone breaking up right now? Try and keep your best friends around you, it's so hard, but in time we'll all be fine :smile:
Yep but only cried properly over one guy. The most annoying part is I still think I like him... still in my naive stage!! lol.
Only once. While I was being beaten by a girl with a lead pipe.
yes, load of times!
Reply 39
Of course, I was very upset when Aeris died :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending