The Student Room Group

Should i get back together with my ex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by deadsmurfette
You're probably right. Problem is most of the real life advice conflicts with what I want, think maybe i was hoping it would be a different story here... I am too eager to please!

Of course I'm right!

If you ask for advice and when you get it, it is not what you were hoping for, maybe there's a reason for that. It's always easier to comment on somebody else's situation because you have an outside, objective perspective and your judgement isn't influenced by personal feelings. So perhaps the advice you are being given is the most pragmatic and logical way forward.

As for being too eager to please...

There's only one person any individual should try to please in this life and that is themselves. If you spend your life trying to please everybody else you will be taken for granted and people won't really respect you.

Look after number one.
Original post by L i b
Nonce, married, going to end up divorced in his early 20s, works in a pound shop (sorry, a 99p shop), has a child, clearly wants some sort of long-term relationship.

Yeah, sounds like a catch.

Seems she was rather younger. She's 16 now, broke up with him in May 2010 after a year. We've gone from 'creepy' to 'phone the police' territory.

Jesus Christ.
Original post by sfitz1
my thoughts exactly!

it's easy to say that but it wasn't like that... I don't want to go into the nitty gritty details but it's unfair to assume because of the age gap he's a perv or whatever. I'm quite mature for my age as well.
it's easy to say that but it wasn't like that... I don't want to go into the nitty gritty details but it's unfair to assume because of the age gap he's a perv or whatever. I'm quite mature for my age as well.

If you were under 16 and dating a 23 year old then it doesn't matter how mature you are, it's pretty fair to assume that he is a perv.

One of your reasons for dating him was that he can buy you alcohol therefore you are not mature. You are just attracted what an older guy can offer you.
Reply 25
we'd break up when i went to uni...

then what is the point.
Do you WANT to be the other woman?
Reply 27
I don't think the age difference is a problem. 23 is still really young. I was 18 and my boyfriend was 29 when we first got together, people said it wouldn't last, and two years on we're still very much in love :smile:
But yeah it's your life, just do what you feel it best
Sounds like a really bad idea, to be honest. He's already lied to you; you both seem to want different things from the relationship (he wants to be more serious because he's got a kid, you don't); and going out with someone mainly because he's older, can buy you alcohol and has his own house/car is just bitchy.

Besides....the age difference is a bit weird. Listen to your friends - I'm not saying do exactly what they tell you or follow them blindly, but pay attention. Friends can often see things that the people involved don't, or things that they refuse to admit.
Original post by Carnivores
Do you WANT to be the other woman?

he's divorced now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending