The Student Room Group

30 Day Shred

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by phunky_fresh
I loved this work out. Hated level 2, I loved how short it was and the mixture of exercises.The time flew by so quickly and I woke up aching all the time. I got good results but after the 30 days its like what next??? I'm thinking to try some of her other work out videos.

What about Ripped in 30? That's what I'm going to try... that and 6 week 6 pack. I like how fast they go!
Reply 21
I'm finishing off level 1 today - got to say, I'm a little excited about starting level 2 tomorrow! I'm getting a bit tired of level 1!
Original post by linkdapink
What about Ripped in 30? That's what I'm going to try... that and 6 week 6 pack. I like how fast they go!

Dont know if serious but if you are...
For everyone doing these programmes, please take before and after pics. I'd like to see the before (fat) and after (ripped/shredded) and then the same from belly ----> 6 pack. It will serve me great motivation and I'll sign up asap!

If you aren't achieving these then the programmes aren't working. That's what the programmes promise right?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by silent ninja
Dont know if serious but if you are...
For everyone doing these programmes, please take before and after pics. I'd like to see the before (fat) and after (ripped/shredded) and then the same from belly ----> 6 pack. It will serve me great motivation and I'll sign up asap!

If you aren't achieving these then the programmes aren't working. That's what the programmes promise right?

I tried 6 week 6 pack and I just didnt like it - I couldn't get hang of it at all. It really was too confusing for me and my living room was too small. Myfitnesspal has loads of "motivational" pictures. I printed a couple off... its a bit creepy for my boyfriend that there's loads of pictures on the fridge, but he'll survive! I will consider putting up my pictures at the end, but my before pictures are so terrible!
Reply 24
I've cut out dairy, chocolate and crisps (all my bad snack-food) - the dairy is mostly because I've come to realise that I have always been lactose intolerant or developed secondary lactose intolerance since being on a "diet". I've also really tried to reduce carbs and increase protein and fruit/veg. My boyfriend thinks I might have gallbladder issues or a vitamin k deficiency since I can't seem to hold down fatty foods at the moment either :/

I don't know at the gym - this is something that I need help with! I usually go along, go on the treadmills, the cycles, machine-y things, do a couple of weights and sit ups then swim for a bit - but just kind of wander around a bit aimlessly. I really want to lose weight but also gain some muscle.

Any tips? Help?

Sounds like you're doing the right thing with regards to diet, but the not being able to hold down fatty foods thing sounds concerning. I'd go to the docs and get that checked out.

If you want to gain muscle you need to train your muscles - lift weights! Have a look in the barbelles thread or the FAQ thread, there are loads of routines floating around on here. You will need to learn how to squat, deadlift and do some kind of press (bench, overhead) properly, but once you can do those you can always get a good workout that builds muscle! If you train weights whilst being on a small calorie deficit you will lose fat without getting weak.
Do weights before any cardio so you can do them with proper form as you will be fresher.
Reply 25
Original post by Becca
Sounds like you're doing the right thing with regards to diet, but the not being able to hold down fatty foods thing sounds concerning. I'd go to the docs and get that checked out.

If you want to gain muscle you need to train your muscles - lift weights! Have a look in the barbelles thread or the FAQ thread, there are loads of routines floating around on here. You will need to learn how to squat, deadlift and do some kind of press (bench, overhead) properly, but once you can do those you can always get a good workout that builds muscle! If you train weights whilst being on a small calorie deficit you will lose fat without getting weak.
Do weights before any cardio so you can do them with proper form as you will be fresher.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I will get someone to show me how to do everything and check my form etc. I'm sure there will be some kind people that can help me at the gym!
Reply 26
Gotta say... Day Two of Level 2 is really bringing me down. I went out in heels last night, rolled my ankle and I think I've done some damage to my knee. I couldn't do most of the workout at the intensity that I wanted because I can't do any of the jumping around that is needed! But I did the whole level!

I think I will just stick to doing it modified until my knee improves and get some swimming in since I don't want to be doing anything to hurt my knee more!
Reply 27
I'm on a no sugar diet atm, trying to get rid of the last of that belly fat :smile:
Reply 28
I'm doing this :smile:

anyone got any before/after photos?
Reply 29
Original post by notinuse
I'm doing this :smile:

anyone got any before/after photos?

I've got Before and 10 days photos.

I don't know why, but I'm really de-motivated on level 2! I think its because I saw amazing Level 1 results! Doesn't help that its Easter!!!
Reply 30
Started the 30DS today with 0.68kg weights and actually thought I was going to die. I had to stop twice and pause it which totally defeated the whole point of the workout. My arms feel like absolute jelly. Not going to count today as a 'day' because I did so terrible, so tomorrow is my Day 1, as long as I can go through it all without stopping!
wtflol 0.68kg weights
I've stuck to it :tongue: Just finished day 9! Getting bored with the routine and (dare I say it) looking forward to more of a challenge with level 2.

I have to say though, I actually feel GOOD after the workouts now :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by The Wild Youth
I've stuck to it :tongue: Just finished day 9! Getting bored with the routine and (dare I say it) looking forward to more of a challenge with level 2.

I have to say though, I actually feel GOOD after the workouts now :smile:

I felt like that after Level 1! I was pretty much saying the words before Jillian was saying them. I knew what points I struggled at depending on what she was saying haha! Level 2 is awful. I can't get into it. I'm really demotivated, but I think its because I've hurt my knee so only taking it slowly, which is bugging me!
Reply 34
Original post by concubine
wtflol 0.68kg weights

Yeah. I have 3lb, 5lb and 10lb ones.
Reply 35
Original post by 747-400
Yeah. I have 3lb, 5lb and 10lb ones.

3lbs (the smallest) is over 1kg?
Reply 36
3lbs (the smallest) is over 1kg?

Oh yeah, my bad! It's .68kg either side which equates to 3lbs!
Reply 37
I completed the 30 Day Shred half way through March. I had been eating less calories and I started going for a 20 minute run every morning, and I only lost 5lbs but my energy levels were increased, I didn't take any measurements but I went down a Jean size from a 10 to an 8 :biggrin: I really recomend it as its quick and fairly simple. I used it as a stepping stone for Insanity which I started on Monday.

Good Luck with it, i'm sure you'll love it :smile:
I completed day 2 yesterday and I really ache today. Hurts to bend down etc. Is it best to have a day off today? Give my body a chance to recover so it doesn't hurt tomorrow?
Reply 39
Original post by BuzzyBeee
I completed the 30 Day Shred half way through March. I had been eating less calories and I started going for a 20 minute run every morning, and I only lost 5lbs but my energy levels were increased, I didn't take any measurements but I went down a Jean size from a 10 to an 8 :biggrin: I really recomend it as its quick and fairly simple. I used it as a stepping stone for Insanity which I started on Monday.

Good Luck with it, i'm sure you'll love it :smile:

Did you pay for insanity? How long are the workouts for that? I'm looking at other things to do afterwards, and at the moment, I know I'm going to move onto Ripped in 30... but then I have no idea!

I find myself now doing 30DS in the morning, then wanting to do another workout in the evening, so going for a swim or something (my knees are being battered by the 30DS so I don't want to do running too!), so I can tell how much my energy levels have improved!

Quick Reply

Latest