The Student Room Group

Do you ever have sexy thoughts about female friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Citations or it never happened.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/
you mean you didn't even attempt to google it?
Original post by zippity.doodah

Did you seriously just cite a study that a) provides no statistics and b) involved 88 pairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Did you seriously just cite a study that a) provides no statistics and b) involved 88 pairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

here's the research it was talking about:
http://bleske-rechek.com/April%20Website%20Files/Bleske-Rechek%20et%20al.%202012%20Benefit%20or%20Burden.pdf

So on a scale of 1 to 9 the men reported a below average attraction to said friends and a below average desire to date said friends and you say that that is evidence for your point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
So on a scale of 1 to 9 the men reported a below average attraction to said friends and a below average desire to date said friends and you say that that is evidence for your point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you talking about? where does it say that?

Page 575

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course several times, as you know most relationships start from friendship and so on. Sometimes your female friend can seduce you by their look, the best way will be telling them how you feel about them and why not asking her out if you really have feelings for her. Always be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. You're trying to prove your argument - the burden of proof should be on you.

You mean you didn't even properly read your own article before trying to use it as evidence?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
You mean you didn't even properly read your own article before trying to use it as evidence?

obviously the conclusion of the whole thing being exactly what I had been saying all along means that he is probably just reading in wrong, but either way I really can't be bothered to read through that whole PDF just to show him
obviously the conclusion of the whole thing being exactly what I had been saying all along means that he is probably just reading in wrong, but either way I really can't be bothered to read through that whole PDF just to show him

I have a degree in statistics.

It's just typical scientific American headline exaggeration. Nothing new here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you kidding? Thought about/imagined sex with pretty much every non-family female that I know...:redface: not all the time but from time to time, especially when they send snap chats of them in some kind of tiny ass bikini. Damnit.
Original post by Amphiprion
Are you kidding? Thought about/imagined sex with pretty much every non-family female that I know...:redface: not all the time but from time to time, especially when they send snap chats of them in some kind of tiny ass bikini. Damnit.

THIS.

When I hug some of my fit friends.. I get a boner.
Reply 74
I've started having dreams/fantasies involving some of them.. does this mean I fancy them?!

Or is it that I would like to be in a relationship?
Yes, completely normal. Just don't ever tell them. That makes things awkward...I've heard.
Reply 76
Original post by NewlyScared
Yes, completely normal. Just don't ever tell them. That makes things awkward...I've heard.

Haha yeah ...same ahem I've heard anyhow.

Thing is.. why am I imagining them in romantic or er... fantasy positions?

One is lovely and I value her friendship, but now I'm imagining her giving me head?!
Reply 77

Until you're a mature student - you don't know what awkward is.
Original post by pshah2
Haha yeah ...same ahem I've heard anyhow.

Thing is.. why am I imagining them in romantic or er... fantasy positions?

One is lovely and I value her friendship, but now I'm imagining her giving me head?!

Maybe you fancy her.

Are you single? Is she? Maybe things don't have to just be in your head.

I'm engaged to someone I was friends with for years. Never would have thought I'd have ended up with her, but now I'm happier than ever. That all pretty much started with 'sexy thoughts'.
Reply 79
Maybe you fancy her.

Are you single? Is she? Maybe things don't have to just be in your head.

I'm engaged to someone I was friends with for years. Never would have thought I'd have ended up with her, but now I'm happier than ever. That all pretty much started with 'sexy thoughts'.

Okay well there are two..

The one I mentioned I thought was single and very pretty, but does have a bf. I would never want to jeopardise that and value her as a friend. Just can't work out the sudden crush!

The other one is a very forward friend, and I think I get turned on by her drive. She is also pretty hot tbh. But I'm not sure I want to ask her out, again in case I ruin the friendship!

Is it just her energy I am driven to?

But why do I keep imagining the platonic friend giving me head?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending