The Student Room Group

Do guys always want something more?

I went to a party last week and got off with a guy (BOY A). I really like him but in a purely platonic way. I had only met him a few days before via my coursemate and we get on really well. I also kissed him in the morning when we were sober. I don't know what this means because there's another guy (BOY B) that I find very attractive with whom things keep happening when we're out and I slept with him at our course christmas party 2 days after I kissed BOY A. BOY A saw me getting off with BOY B in the club he also knows I slept with him (gossip travels fast) yet me and BOY A have been talking so much since we broke up from uni for christmas.

Is it possible that he's just talking to me because we get on? He is being kind of suggestive sometimes. My friends tell me he just fancies me and thats the only reason we're talking. I really dont want to stop talking to him but I dont want him to get the wrong idea especially as I can be a flirty person particularly when someone is flirty towards me. I do think something will happen with BOY B again and it will probably be at our next course party so they will both be there. I don't want to "lead" BOY A on and make him think something will happen then get with BOY B in front of him.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I went to a party last week and got off with a guy (BOY A). I really like him but in a purely platonic way. I had only met him a few days before via my coursemate and we get on really well. I also kissed him in the morning when we were sober.

but I dont want him to get the wrong idea especially as I can be a flirty person particularly when someone is flirty towards me. I do think something will happen with BOY B again and it will probably be at our next course party so they will both be there.

I don't want to "lead" BOY A on and make him think something will happen then get with BOY B in front of him.

jesus wept
screw your ****ing head on first
if you get off with a guy when you like him in a "purely platonic way" you're leading him on whether you like it or not, don't even try to beat around the bush on that one

simple:
don't do anything else physical with A
(seriously though, you got with him in the morning as well and you don't want to lead him on? are you sure?)
it will probably never come up again
if he complains all you need to say is "i'm single l0l i can do what i like u don't own dis bbeg xo"
Not alwYs. I gusss to some people an orgasm is just an organsm :dontknow:
Reply 3
Original post by Kaiju
jesus wept
screw your ****ing head on first
if you get off with a guy when you like him in a "purely platonic way" you're leading him on whether you like it or not, don't even try to beat around the bush on that one

simple:
don't do anything else physical with A
(seriously though, you got with him in the morning as well and you don't want to lead him on? are you sure?)
it will probably never come up again
if he complains all you need to say is "i'm single l0l i can do what i like u don't own dis bbeg xo"

Well I was quite drunk at a party and it just happened because we do get on so well and I was attracted to him in those moments. Ok I might be exaggerating with purely platonic but he's the kind of guy I'd like to end up with but I am no where near the ending up with someone stage of my life I just want to be chilled. I'm not planning on doing anything physical with A again. I just don't want things to be awkward if anything happens with B or whatever other guy.
Reply 4
Well I was quite drunk at a party and it just happened because we do get on so well and I was attracted to him in those moments. Ok I might be exaggerating with purely platonic but he's the kind of guy I'd like to end up with but I am no where near the ending up with someone stage of my life I just want to be chilled. I'm not planning on doing anything physical with A again. I just don't want things to be awkward if anything happens with B or whatever other guy.

if it's awkward you're entirely entitled to call him a potato as he's not entitled to you whatsoever

if you want to avoid any negativo occurrences concerning him the best bet is to just try your best to -not- do anything with B when A is around for a while. even if A is into you (worst case scenario for you) eventually he'll get bored and saunter off after someone else.
well
probably
lol. people.

Word of warning from someone older than you who has seen many friends enter their early/mid 20's and find they struggle to find anyone decent having spent their younger years just being "chilled": most of the guys that are what one might term "marriage" or long term relationship material don't just stay perpetually single. "I just want to be chilled" is all well and good, but grow up and realise it isn't just something you can turn off when it's no longer convenient. I wish more people would realise this.
Reply 7
Original post by Kaiju
if it's awkward you're entirely entitled to call him a potato as he's not entitled to you whatsoever

if you want to avoid any negativo occurrences concerning him the best bet is to just try your best to -not- do anything with B when A is around for a while. even if A is into you (worst case scenario for you) eventually he'll get bored and saunter off after someone else.
well
probably

He might not even like me that's a massive possibility he might just recognise as I do that we have similar personalities and enjoy talking to eachother.
Reply 8
Original post by jenkinsear
Word of warning from someone older than you who has seen many friends enter their early/mid 20's and find they struggle to find anyone decent having spent their younger years just being "chilled": most of the guys that are what one might term "marriage" or long term relationship material don't just stay perpetually single. "I just want to be chilled" is all well and good, but grow up and realise it isn't just something you can turn off when it's no longer convenient. I wish more people would realise this.

Actually that's something I've thought about but also I know if I got into anything serious now I wouldn't be happy and would resent the relationship.
Why on earth would you get off with him if you like him in a purely platonic way?
Actually that's something I've thought about but also I know if I got into anything serious now I wouldn't be happy and would resent the relationship.

Out of interest why do you feel that way?

Simply speculating here, but is it perhaps that you're scared of committing/would rather not take the risk? After all, it's easier to just mess around with people than give something serious a shot. I can imagine that being quite scary.
Out of interest why do you feel that way?

Simply speculating here, but is it perhaps that you're scared of committing/would rather not take the risk? After all, it's easier to just mess around with people than give something serious a shot. I can imagine that being quite scary.

I don't know I just don't want to. Probably haven't met anyone that I'd want to commit to but then again I do think I prevent myself from getting that close to potential people anyway. Probably scared of the risk.
I don't know I just don't want to. Probably haven't met anyone that I'd want to commit to but then again I do think I prevent myself from getting that close to potential people anyway. Probably scared of the risk.

It's good you're able to admit that, most people can't.

If I were you I'd consider whether that risk might be worth taking. I don't know how experienced you are relationship wise, but from a female perspective sooner or later I suspect you will get fed up of guys only wanting you for one thing & regret not chasing the decent ones when you get the chance. You may decide it's still not for you, but at least give it a ponder :smile:

All the best.
Yes. Usually not the same more as you. They also what less of different things too. No clover, no lover. No slippy, no dippy. The rest is up to personal taste and mutual consent.
Original post by perfectgeneral
Yes. Usually not the same more as you. They also what less of different things too. No clover, no lover. No slippy, no dippy. The rest is up to personal taste and mutual consent.

What do you mean?
Reply 15
You need to be upfront and friendzone Boy A
I went to a party last week and got off with a guy (BOY A). I really like him but in a purely platonic way. I had only met him a few days before via my coursemate and we get on really well. I also kissed him in the morning when we were sober. I don't know what this means because there's another guy (BOY B) that I find very attractive with whom things keep happening when we're out and I slept with him at our course christmas party 2 days after I kissed BOY A. BOY A saw me getting off with BOY B in the club he also knows I slept with him (gossip travels fast) yet me and BOY A have been talking so much since we broke up from uni for christmas.

Is it possible that he's just talking to me because we get on? He is being kind of suggestive sometimes. My friends tell me he just fancies me and thats the only reason we're talking. I really dont want to stop talking to him but I dont want him to get the wrong idea especially as I can be a flirty person particularly when someone is flirty towards me. I do think something will happen with BOY B again and it will probably be at our next course party so they will both be there. I don't want to "lead" BOY A on and make him think something will happen then get with BOY B in front of him.

I'm dealing with a similar situation. I think if you don't like boy A in that way you need to stop talking to him until you get back to uni, as it will encourage him and make him think you like him back.

Oh that's just fearmongering, the average age for first marriage is about thirty in this country, there is no shortage of single people in their early/mid 20s.

If you feel this way, it's actually more mature to stay single than get in ****ty relationships you don't really want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending