The Student Room Group

Never been in relationship?

I am 17 about to turn 18 and have never been in a relationship i have never held hands, kissed or had sex! Is this normal and how do I change it?
Yes it is normal. I wouldn't rush into a relationship- it can cause more stresses than it is worth tbh!
I am in a relationship with this one girl called 'dreams', I see her every night.
Yes its normal, until you hit about 24-25, its normal, then it becomes rare, then at 28-30 it becomes weird

Im 22 and the same as you :smile:
Original post by Serena_lantey
I am 17 about to turn 18 and have never been in a relationship i have never held hands, kissed or had sex! Is this normal and how do I change it?

My situation is worser....I just turned 20 and have never been in a relationship, held hands, kissed or had sex or any long conversation with a girl and I'm unemployed, hate uni have social anxiety, bipolar, depression and well I ain't enjoying life:frown::mad:
Don't worry! Thats normal, a lot of my friends are in the same situation as you and they're the same age. You're just waiting for the right kind of person to come along, and that's more than common.. don't feel pressured to get into relationships just because your friends are, or because you're panicking about it! It'll happen don't worry, there's not need to rush it
I'm on the same level as you lad. Trust me, it's better to leave those things for later on. For example, Uni is a great time as you have a much larger and more diverse variety of girls there.

I think I feel bad about is how much the media and games, etc influence our expectations of women, which I agree is really unfair for them. Even for me, that's the case. And I'm not saying I fancy blonde bimbos. I play quite a lot of games, especially story driven ones, and I sometimes can get really attached to certain women (this sounds so gay, I know). I was recently playing "wolf among us" by telltale, and I have to admit I had a bit of a crush on Snow. Unfortunately, the reality is that pretty girls who are both smart and have a perfect personality which fits yours are very hard to find, and even harder to woo.

One can always try!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
It's very rare any relationship someone your or my age enters lasts anyway. They go into it wanting it to last forever but then it lasts the proverbial 5 minutes, so what was the point of it in retrospect?
Relationships at 17 are very rarely serious anyway and usually not worth the effort! I wouldn't worry. I'm 17 and my only kiss has been a drunken one haha! There are a lot more relationship-virgins than you think.
I'm 21 and have never dated either. I haven't done anything except hold hands, but that was with someone I wasn't attracted to at all and he wouldn't let go. Social anxiety doesn't help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's really no rush at 17/18.
Of course it's normal. You're one among many millions who haven't done such things at your age. Change will come along as you progress in life.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I'm on the same level as you lad. Trust me, it's better to leave those things for later on. For example, Uni is a great time as you have a much larger and more diverse variety of girls there.

I think I feel bad about is how much the media and games, etc influence our expectations of women, which I agree is really unfair for them. Even for me, that's the case. And I'm not saying I fancy blonde bimbos. I play quite a lot of games, especially story driven ones, and I sometimes can get really attached to certain women (this sounds so gay, I know). I was recently playing "wolf among us" by telltale, and I have to admit I had a bit of a crush on Snow. Unfortunately, the reality is that pretty girls who are both smart and have a perfect personality which fits yours are very hard to find, and even harder to woo.

One can always try!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't feel bad about the 'getting attached to characters' thing. I'm a girl and I do the same too. The creators of these games and films etc. make characters who seem irresistible which they know will get us hooked. Don't worry, your perfect girl is out there somewhere! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yes its normal, until you hit about 24-25, its normal, then it becomes rare, then at 28-30 it becomes weird

Im 22 and the same as you :smile:

25 almost 26, and yeah i agree
Ah, me too. 22 years old and have never even held hands. I suppose it beats ending up with someone who is awful, but it's a little lonely. And of course there's the questioning yourself aspect of it, plus a general distrust for the guys around me. These things take time, I imagine, and I doubt they happen in some sort of rom-com fashion.
Ah, me too. 22 years old and have never even held hands. I suppose it beats ending up with someone who is awful, but it's a little lonely. And of course there's the questioning yourself aspect of it, plus a general distrust for the guys around me. These things take time, I imagine, and I doubt they happen in some sort of rom-com fashion.

5 year old thread. :smile:

You will find someone soon. Xx
Original post by 5hyl33n
5 year old thread. :smile:

You will find someone soon. Xx

Haha didn't even check! But the rant was needed. Thank you 🙏
Haha didn't even check! But the rant was needed. Thank you 🙏

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending