The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The worst thing happened. She unblocked and messaged me saying she heard I am ill and she just messaged to see if im ok. That we are not friends, and that she messaged me because people told her to.

Anyway after a bit of talk, I mentioned being friends again and she said:

I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid.

And she blocked and spammed me again.

How cruel and evil can someone be? It really hurts.

Anyway, I just off the phone with the counselling, I have a telephone interview booked tomorrow with a therapist. So after that, they will tell me what happens next..
"I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid."

An ex friend sent me the above. I am heartbroken and stung by those words. I feel really hurt and sad. How can I ever forget this and get over it? I am really struggling.
I feel like I am having panic attacks, suffering from anxiety and maybe even depressed because of this.
Are you the one who posts about their flatmate or the one who posts a lot about their ex? I think its the latter? Is this the ex or someone else? It makes a difference.

Are you currently seeing your GP? Roughly how old are you?
Original post by 999tigger
Are you the one who posts about their flatmate or the one who posts a lot about their ex? I think its the latter? Is this the ex or someone else? It makes a difference.

Posts about their ex alot or "this girl" as she is referred as

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see from your previous its the GF. I doubt I can add anything to what you have already been told. Sometimes we fall out or people decide they dont want to be friends. Just respect their wishes and give them space.
Rejection stings, but you get over it. Rather than dwell on the past, learn from it and let it go. You cna find new friends who do like you.

Make sure you keep on with any therapy and I hope you are able to implement a plan that gets you back to feeling healthy and happy.

@Lambert87

Thought they were familiar, checked on previous posts an I see they have had extensive advice, so nothing further I can say.
(edited 8 years ago)
I had a friendship destroyed by text, but she sent me 3 huge paragraphs of text venting at me. I went into a state of depression and anxiety, still got it but not because of that fight. It took us over a year to come to terms with it and talk about it, but we eventually made up. I still cant look at her in the same way, and everything happens for a reason. So my advice is don't escalate it further, just acknowledge their feelings and indeed yours. Take it as a learning curve.
(edited 8 years ago)

Not ex. Just a friend. Yes am seeing my GP. 23
Original post by katodizzle
I had a friendship destroyed by text, but she sent me 3 huge paragraphs of text venting at me. I went into a state of depression and anxiety, still got it but not because of that fight. It took us over a year to come to terms with it and talk about it, but we eventually made up. I still cant look at her in the same way, and everything happens for a reason. So my advice is don't escalate it further, just acknowledge their feelings and indeed yours. Take it as a learning curve.

I know. It just really stings right now. I feel like it's going to take a long long time to get over this.
Original post by believeteam22
Not ex. Just a friend. Yes am seeing my GP. 23

Its sill the same. You arent reading the signals that say stop and leave me alone, which is why they are mean. It is their way of trying to get you to back off because you dont listen to them.

You can find new friends and gfs. Try and learn from where it went wrong so you dont repeat any mistakes.
Every time you hear from this person you get hurt. You need to not talk to them anymore, or want to see them, or anything like that.

Please take this advice.
Its sill the same. You arent reading the signals that say stop and leave me alone, which is why they are mean. It is their way of trying to get you to back off because you dont listen to them.

You can find new friends and gfs. Try and learn from where it went wrong so you dont repeat any mistakes.

Yeah I guess that's true. I just couldn't quite believe it. I will learn from this that's for sure. But it just really hurts, every day.
Original post by SeanFM
Every time you hear from this person you get hurt. You need to not talk to them anymore, or want to see them, or anything like that.

Please take this advice.

True. I am taking this advice, but still I feel very upset and heartbroken. I hope the counselling will help me.
Yeah I guess that's true. I just couldn't quite believe it. I will learn from this that's for sure. But it just really hurts, every day.

I know, but you cant spend too much time looking back, you need to move forward.
Reply 153
"I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid."

An ex friend sent me the above. I am heartbroken and stung by those words. I feel really hurt and sad. How can I ever forget this and get over it? I am really struggling.
I feel like I am having panic attacks, suffering from anxiety and maybe even depressed because of this.

If they're a real friend, you'll make up. If not then it's a lesson for you that people will come and go throughout your life and you have to just accept it

disclaimer
*sorry this may come across as slightly rude

you are only heartbroken and stung because you cared about that person and they didn't care about you, why spend more time mulling over this? Why put trust into someone who doesn't trust back? they don't care so you need to stop caring because they're getting on with their life while you're still living in the past. I'm certain all those panic attacks and all those mental disorders because you cared too much about that person. Yes they betrayed your trust, but what good is staying back there gonna do for you? you need to learn to grow a thick skin give no ****s about anyone but yourself, once you care more about yourself than others then you'll never come back to a low like you are now. This is a lesson to be learned, never fully 100% trust anyone, you call then your friends but are they truly your friends? ask yourself that.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3858445 <--- Ethereal World's thread, scroll down and you'll find the thick skin post(might be relevant might not be but check it out)

*note
stay strong you can pull through this, nothing helps a person to become strong better than dealing with betrayal of your trust....

you can do it :h: :bl::burnout::hump2::hump::reaper::rofl3::yum:
I know. It just really stings right now. I feel like it's going to take a long long time to get over this.

Yeah it might, I mean my fight was with a girl who i thought was my best friend and it makes me sad that it happened. But in a way, it shaped who I am and made me grow as a person, so in a way it's been beneficial because I have learnt a great deal. It's cliché but just chin up, and keep calm and carry on :smile: :smile:
I think you're right to feel angry about someone treating you like that, especially someone you considered a friend, however it is a lesson learned in the future that you do not put your trust or invest in people until they have shown themselves worthy of it. She clearly isn't worthy of your trust, I don't think i'd have said that to anyone no matter how much I disliked them.
The worst thing happened. She unblocked and messaged me saying she heard I am ill and she just messaged to see if im ok. That we are not friends, and that she messaged me because people told her to.

Anyway after a bit of talk, I mentioned being friends again and she said:

I will never be your friend again. So stop begging me. It's disgusting. I have pity on you. You don't deserve to be my friend. I don't like you anymore OK? Why should I give you a chance? U try to talk to someone who doesn't like you. I don't care if you stress, I don't care if you're ill. Just go to the doctor and leave me alone. You are a kid, selfish kid.

And she blocked and spammed me again.

How cruel and evil can someone be? It really hurts.

Anyway, I just off the phone with the counselling, I have a telephone interview booked tomorrow with a therapist. So after that, they will tell me what happens next..

She straight up said from the start of the message that she doesn't care and that she's only messaging because people told her to. Then you decided to converse with her and started begging to be friends again. You're bringing this upon yourself. You said you were trying to get over her and then as soon as she asks how you are you're begging to her friend again. You deserved it, you knew that this is exactly how it would end up. Grow up.
Original post by thefatone
disclaimer
*sorry this may come across as slightly rude

you are only heartbroken and stung because you cared about that person and they didn't care about you, why spend more time mulling over this? Why put trust into someone who doesn't trust back? they don't care so you need to stop caring because they're getting on with their life while you're still living in the past. I'm certain all those panic attacks and all those mental disorders because you cared too much about that person. Yes they betrayed your trust, but what good is staying back there gonna do for you? you need to learn to grow a thick skin give no ****s about anyone but yourself, once you care more about yourself than others then you'll never come back to a low like you are now. This is a lesson to be learned, never fully 100% trust anyone, you call then your friends but are they truly your friends? ask yourself that.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3858445 <--- Ethereal World's thread, scroll down and you'll find the thick skin post(might be relevant might not be but check it out)

*note
stay strong you can pull through this, nothing helps a person to become strong better than dealing with betrayal of your trust....

you can do it :h: :bl::burnout::hump2::hump::reaper::rofl3::yum:

Thanks I will check that post out.

I really cared about her. And we used to be very good friends. And I just keep thinking of the good memories I had with her, and it just makes me feel real sad. That she is a stranger to me now, she replaced me, she didn't care about her, she just tossed me aside. The pain is ridiculous.

I know I will learn from this, but I fear it will take a long time and I may never fully heal because this whole thing has physically and mentally drained me.

As for the anxiety/depression, it is definitely because of this whole thing. I feel extremely tense, it's like my chest feels closed up and it makes it hard to breathe..

1 main thing is I am struggling to accept reality and that she is gone and never going to be my friend again. I will discuss with this with the GP and therapist for sure.
Yeah I talked to my therapist about it and it helped so much, so definitely give that a chance.

Latest

Trending

Trending