The Student Room Group

Parents Income m

I have had differing advice from the SFE help desk so hope you can clarify. We are getting ready to apply for finance for our daughter starting her course in 2017. I am retired but in addition to my pension I have a small part time self-employed income which consists of some freelancing work and a small income from a rental property; (about £3000 pa after mortgage costs). In one call to the help desk I was advised to total this all up and place my profit in section 12 /D /1 in application the form. The other advice was to take out the rental property and put that part of my business as a net income after mortgage costs in section 12 /D/4. Can you advise which the correct route is please?
Many thanks
G.
Original post by ukgreguk
I have had differing advice from the SFE help desk so hope you can clarify. We are getting ready to apply for finance for our daughter starting her course in 2017. I am retired but in addition to my pension I have a small part time self-employed income which consists of some freelancing work and a small income from a rental property; (about £3000 pa after mortgage costs). In one call to the help desk I was advised to total this all up and place my profit in section 12 /D /1 in application the form. The other advice was to take out the rental property and put that part of my business as a net income after mortgage costs in section 12 /D/4. Can you advise which the correct route is please?
Many thanks
G.

Hi, firstly applications will be available for September 2017 in Feb/March time next year.

Any income from self employment would go on Section 4 in the relevant sections. Your pension would go in the section the relates to pensions. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending