The Student Room Group

My grandma is my only friend

Original post by Anonymous1502

Why?

Why havent you made friends at the new school?

Your step dad sounded a prat.

Just do your studies and get to uni. Be sure to make an effort socially when there.
Original post by 999tigger
Why?

Why havent you made friends at the new school?

Your step dad sounded a prat.

Just do your studies and get to uni. Be sure to make an effort socially when there.

I did but it didn't work out (the friendship).My grandma is the nicest person in the world despite living incredibly far away she is available 24/7 by the phone whenever I need to speak to her about anything.As well as each time I visit her for the holidays she always cooks me whatever I like and she is a very good listener.I feel incredibly privileged to have such an amazing grandma.
(edited 6 years ago)
I did but it didn't work out (the friendship).My grandma is the nicest person in the world despite living incredibly far away she is available 24/7 by the phone whenever I need to speak to her about anything.As well as each time I visit her for the holidays she always cooks me whatever I like and she is a very good listener.

Not everyone has a friend anywhere near as good as that so be sure to look after her. A levels arent long. You can make friends later.
Have you tried to make friends with the people that sit next to you in your classes?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Have you tried to make friends with the people that sit next to you in your classes?

Yes did not work out either not too bothered.I prefer to be alone than in bad company and I can actually focus on getting my work done.It feels lonely sometimes but a levels are only 2 years worth of my life which if doen successfuly can allow me to pursue medicine my absolute dream job then I may meet friends who are actually nice and don't treat me badly e.g. allows speak in a foregin language between each other despite us all having a common language (english),ignore me and make me feel inadequate and not good about myself.
Oh I tried trust me not too bothered about it.I want people to like me for me not for what I can provide them with or for how good I am at adapting my personality to fit their preferences.If someone does not like me for me it is their problem not mine I will never stop being who I am.I used to feel bad about who I am and quite embarrassed (low self esteem) wanted to fit in only to be left feeling even worse.
Yes did not work out either not too bothered.I prefer to be alone than in bad company and I can actually focus on getting my work done.It feels lonely sometimes but a levels are only 2 years worth of my life which if doen successfuly can allow me to pursue medicine my absolute dream job then I may meet friends who are actually nice and don't treat me badly e.g. allows speak in a foregin language between each other despite us all having a common language (english),ignore me and make me feel inadequate and not good about myself.

Its good that you don't bother with them then if they do that, but im sure you will find a good friend in your year group eventually :smile:.
Have you thought about pets?:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
Have you thought about pets?:redface:

I have 3 (2 guinea pigs and 1 bunny) love them to bits.
I have 3 (2 guinea pigs and 1 bunny) love them to bits.

guinea pigs? @CoolCavy you two should chat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending