The Student Room Group

need advice - kissed a guy for a bet

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bio 7
I’ll miss this thread but I’m glad things have worked out in some way. Better to part as friends and have grown from your time together than any alternative.

I hope your dad eventually realises he can just accept you, no point not doing it.

Good luck for the future.

Thank you so much, maybe I'll update this thread but I don't think anything significant is gonna happen from here on...

My dad really pisses me off but I have no clue what I can do to make him accept me! Maybe it's just not gonna happen, idk.

Anyway, thank you for your support all along the way xx
i read today that this is the week when the most breakups occur. that made me think of you. i hope yous two will be good friedns tho! but i found that its hard to stay friendly after goin through smth like this
Original post by Anonymous
i read today that this is the week when the most breakups occur. that made me think of you. i hope yous two will be good friedns tho! but i found that its hard to stay friendly after goin through smth like this

Aw, really? Look at us being average then hahah.

The friends thing is going alright so far, but I think we're both unsure of the exact boundaries of our friendship just now, if that makes sense. Like hugging, sending kisses on messenger etc. I also feel like he might hope that we're gonna get back together, and it's also not like I'm gonna get over him if we remain this affectionate. So I considered putting more distance between us but honestly why would I? It's nice this way :smile:
not sure i follow your train of thought there pal. yous broke up, dont keep it hanging like that!!
Aw, really? Look at us being average then hahah.

The friends thing is going alright so far, but I think we're both unsure of the exact boundaries of our friendship just now, if that makes sense. Like hugging, sending kisses on messenger etc. I also feel like he might hope that we're gonna get back together, and it's also not like I'm gonna get over him if we remain this affectionate. So I considered putting more distance between us but honestly why would I? It's nice this way :smile:

The opinion I'm about to state is unpopular, however, I personally think distance wil be the key to kill any romantic feelings. Going from partners to friends straight away is dangerous terriority to enter imo.
not sure i follow your train of thought there pal. yous broke up, dont keep it hanging like that!!

Original post by Slowbro93
The opinion I'm about to state is unpopular, however, I personally think distance wil be the key to kill any romantic feelings. Going from partners to friends straight away is dangerous terriority to enter imo.

Nah, I get what you both mean... The situation's rather strange. I feel as though there's a lack of closure in a way. Like yeah we've broken up but not really - there wasn't much anger or tears or heartbreak or whatever you'd expect. We're friends now but it's odd... like earlier today we almost kissed - it was only when our noses touched that I realised we shouldn't be doing this. Should I start avoiding him or something?
Nah, I get what you both mean... The situation's rather strange. I feel as though there's a lack of closure in a way. Like yeah we've broken up but not really - there wasn't much anger or tears or heartbreak or whatever you'd expect. We're friends now but it's odd... like earlier today we almost kissed - it was only when our noses touched that I realised we shouldn't be doing this. Should I start avoiding him or something?

I don't think you both should force something in either direction, and do what feels right. He probably does want to get you back, but the question is whether you would like to be with him again. I completely understand that he cheated on you and it is hard to trust him because of that, so you broke up with him. However, you miss the affection and closeness that came with that which is also very understandable. I think it will be hard to get over him for the time being and that's fine. If you both are happy with the dynamic you currently have, then there is no need to avoid each other. Maybe you'll get back together or move on, but whatever it is, there is no right answer and it's just something to figure out along the way.
aww that's really sweet, so happy u guys are still doing great and things with ur dad are better!!

this might be a bit weird but there's a boy i want to sleep with but i'm scared. do you have any advice? is it better to go on top or not??

Just totally SMASH the b@stard!

Unleash the slut within!
I don't think you both should force something in either direction, and do what feels right. He probably does want to get you back, but the question is whether you would like to be with him again. I completely understand that he cheated on you and it is hard to trust him because of that, so you broke up with him. However, you miss the affection and closeness that came with that which is also very understandable. I think it will be hard to get over him for the time being and that's fine. If you both are happy with the dynamic you currently have, then there is no need to avoid each other. Maybe you'll get back together or move on, but whatever it is, there is no right answer and it's just something to figure out along the way.

Thank you, that's quite reassuring. I'll just see what happens I guess :smile:
Thank you, that's quite reassuring. I'll just see what happens I guess :smile:

I am glad that this reassured you. I hope things are going alright for you. :biggrin:
I am glad that this reassured you. I hope things are going alright for you. :biggrin:

Thanks! It's been fine, I do miss my boyfriend a lot though... I'm trying to think of it positively - we're still friends, we had a lovely eight months together etc. On the whole I'm doing just fine. He, however, has got me a wee bit worried. He looks very tired, doesn't speak as much as before (not just to me - to everyone), has been missing school... I asked him but he dismissively said he "just wasn't feeling very well". Hopefully he's got someone he can talk to. Things seem to have been quite awkward between him and his best friend ever since they kissed and all. I hope they'll be okay, whether they get together or not.
Anyway, this isn't really going anywhere. I'm trying to move on but it's pretty hard when you consider how I could probably kiss him right now without him turning me down. I won't, though. That'd only make things more complicated.
I'm tired. Sorry for rambling on haha.
its sweet how you still care about him that much :smile:
Original post by Cecelia Tallice
You brought it on yourself mate, you shouldn’t mess with people’s feelings.

So. Such a shame you don’t spout the same venom when it comes to the scum that is an isis bride!!!!
. Aren’t you just lovely
How are you getting on?How is everything going?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply there.

Things are alright, I suppose. The just friends thing didn't really work out - a couple of weeks ago we got drunk at a party and ended up making out (funny how things come full circle), so we tried to distance ourselves a bit more but that's also been really hard! He wasn't just my boyfriend, but also my best friend, and that's probably what I miss most.
I've been doing quite well, family situation has improved, I'm going through the application process for a music course in Norway that seems incredible, if I don't get in I've got a place in uni here in Scotland (if I get the grades that is, but revision has been going well), I've made new pals at school - we're not that close but we've finished school anyway so whatever?

So yeah, everything's good... for me at least. I'm not sure how he's doing. He didn't get with his best friend, surprised me a wee bit but I suppose he really doesn't fancy her then... He's more quiet, I think things are rather awkward in his friend group since the whole situation with his best friend, but overall he seems fine. Sometimes he just looks... sad? I'm not sure what it is, but he'll be staring into space, seemingly disconnected from the world... I don't know - it's probably nothing.

Rather uneventful update this one, I think this is pretty much our closure. I'd like to be friends one day, or maybe more (after all this time I still really fancy him, love him even), but we'll see where it goes.

I'm sad this story doesn't come with a happy ending, before writing this I spent some time looking back on my earlier posts... all the ones where I'm saying we'll be together for a long time... that saddens me. Still, thanks a lot to everyone who's helped me along the way! I've definitely changed a lot (in a good way) over the course of this thread and that's important, I've become a much much better person I think! I feel like he's doing worse though, but there's probably not much I can do...

Things are alright, I suppose. The just friends thing didn't really work out - a couple of weeks ago we got drunk at a party and ended up making out (funny how things come full circle), so we tried to distance ourselves a bit more but that's also been really hard! He wasn't just my boyfriend, but also my best friend, and that's probably what I miss most.
I've been doing quite well, family situation has improved, I'm going through the application process for a music course in Norway that seems incredible, if I don't get in I've got a place in uni here in Scotland (if I get the grades that is, but revision has been going well), I've made new pals at school - we're not that close but we've finished school anyway so whatever?

So yeah, everything's good... for me at least. I'm not sure how he's doing. He didn't get with his best friend, surprised me a wee bit but I suppose he really doesn't fancy her then... He's more quiet, I think things are rather awkward in his friend group since the whole situation with his best friend, but overall he seems fine. Sometimes he just looks... sad? I'm not sure what it is, but he'll be staring into space, seemingly disconnected from the world... I don't know - it's probably nothing.

Rather uneventful update this one, I think this is pretty much our closure. I'd like to be friends one day, or maybe more (after all this time I still really fancy him, love him even), but we'll see where it goes.

I'm sad this story doesn't come with a happy ending, before writing this I spent some time looking back on my earlier posts... all the ones where I'm saying we'll be together for a long time... that saddens me. Still, thanks a lot to everyone who's helped me along the way! I've definitely changed a lot (in a good way) over the course of this thread and that's important, I've become a much much better person I think! I feel like he's doing worse though, but there's probably not much I can do...

That's the saddest thing I read today :frown: You should reach out to him,he might be experiencing mental health problems-that's my suspicion with the way you describe his state.Talk to him and ask him how he is and just let him talk-letting it be is the worst thing you can do-it's better to do something than nothing.
Thanks! It's been fine, I do miss my boyfriend a lot though... I'm trying to think of it positively - we're still friends, we had a lovely eight months together etc. On the whole I'm doing just fine. He, however, has got me a wee bit worried. He looks very tired, doesn't speak as much as before (not just to me - to everyone), has been missing school... I asked him but he dismissively said he "just wasn't feeling very well". Hopefully he's got someone he can talk to. Things seem to have been quite awkward between him and his best friend ever since they kissed and all. I hope they'll be okay, whether they get together or not.
Anyway, this isn't really going anywhere. I'm trying to move on but it's pretty hard when you consider how I could probably kiss him right now without him turning me down. I won't, though. That'd only make things more complicated.
I'm tired. Sorry for rambling on haha.

That's the saddest thing I read today :frown: You should reach out to him,he might be experiencing mental health problems-that's my suspicion with the way you describe his state.Talk to him and ask him how he is and just let him talk-letting it be is the worst thing you can do-it's better to do something than nothing.

I agree, it does sound like your ex is experiencing depression after the break up, and it isn't your fault or responsibility. With that said, I think it is important he talks to someone about this and opens up. Perhaps you both can overcome your past issues since it seems like you both still have feelings for each other. I hope you both can at least be friends since you both got along really well and had a good understanding. I am glad to hear how this experience with him helped you grow as an individual in such a positive way, and things seem to be looking up for you regardless of the situation. He has a lot of potential as well, and I hope you both will end up happy and successful either way.
Alright so I was at this pretty big party last night and was just joking around with some of my mates about sexuality n stuff. One of them then said that I'm apparently so scared of not being straight that I wouldn't kiss a guy for twenty quid. I, slightly drunk and incredibly skint, decided to prove him wrong.

So I approached this bloke who's pretty good looking and openly bisexual. Talked/flirted for a bit then snogged him. Dashed off with a lame excuse and got my money.

But now he's sent me a message on facebook, saying that he had a good time last night and asking me to meet up for coffee. I could've seen this coming honestly because we had a nice chat (and also a pretty nice kiss) and I'm just not sure what to do? I feel a bit bad about "using" him like this, so what should I say?

Considering you're bailly a homosexual/bisexual, you may as well carry on considering you find him attractive.

I agree, it does sound like your ex is experiencing depression after the break up, and it isn't your fault or responsibility. With that said, I think it is important he talks to someone about this and opens up. Perhaps you both can overcome your past issues since it seems like you both still have feelings for each other. I hope you both can at least be friends since you both got along really well and had a good understanding. I am glad to hear how this experience with him helped you grow as an individual in such a positive way, and things seem to be looking up for you regardless of the situation. He has a lot of potential as well, and I hope you both will end up happy and successful either way.

Yeah, I'm quite worried about him if I'm being honest! I really want him to be okay, he deserves the best - should I ask him if he wants to meet up? We literally haven't spoken in three weeks so it'd be a bit random but I want to help him.
Yeah, I'm quite worried about him if I'm being honest! I really want him to be okay, he deserves the best - should I ask him if he wants to meet up? We literally haven't spoken in three weeks so it'd be a bit random but I want to help him.

I know it's awkward and difficult, but if you are genuinely concerned about him and care about his well-being then I think it is worth trying to arrange a meeting to properly address any issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending