The Student Room Group

Can no longer resit - Stuck

So I'm currently on my gap year. At the start of it, I sat the October exams and raised my grades from CCC to ABC (maths, physics, computer science). I only rest maths and physics.

However, my plan was to resit computer science(OCR) too, in Summer 21. However, now that the exams have been cancelled... I am a bit stuck to be fair.

The uni I want to go to most is the Uni of Bath for Robotics engineering. Their requirements are AAA, but I'm eligible for the Access to Bath scheme so it's AAB for me. My second choice is probably Sheffield (for Aerospace engineering) - their entry requirement is AAB too.

I emailed both to ask them if they would let me in without me having to resit computer science. I've only got a response from Sheffield, who say No.

I want to avoid resitting with a private centre since they are all quite far from me, and quite expensive too. I do actually have an unconditional from KCL that I can fall back on (but for General Engineering).

What would you suggest I do? I probably won't have much time to revise for computer science especially since I haven't touched the subject since last March.
Original post by kayani002
However, now that the exams have been cancelled... I am a bit stuck

Where were you going to do this resit - at school, or an exam centre?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Where were you going to do this resit - at school, or an exam centre?

At my old sixth form. But then they were cancelled, and after that my school chose not to offer assessments to external candidates for resits this year
Go to KCL and forget about Bath - they will probably say no too.
Reply 4
Original post by mike23mike
Go to KCL and forget about Bath - they will probably say no too.

Thing is, the KCL course isnt one Id really want to do.
Thing is, the KCL course isnt one Id really want to do.

Mmm, why did you apply for KCL if its not the course you want to do? I don't get it - why apply for a course that you are not sure about?
Reply 6
I applied as a backup. Like I don't mind going there, but would generally prefer Bath or Sheffield.

I also have an offer from Surrey for Aerospace engineering, with grades BBB (I have ABC So I would imagine I pretty much meet the offer)
I applied as a backup. Like I don't mind going there, but would generally prefer Bath or Sheffield.

I also have an offer from Surrey for Aerospace engineering, with grades BBB (I have ABC So I would imagine I pretty much meet the offer)

Hi!

It's great to hear you have received an offer from Surrey

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
Reply 8
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi!

It's great to hear you have received an offer from Surrey

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Hi!

I have grades ABC. Would I be let into this course for which I have an offer of BBB?
Hi!

I have grades ABC. Would I be let into this course for which I have an offer of BBB?

Hi Kayani

Thank you for your reply! Firstly, well done on your grades, they're great! As I am only a student, I am unable to say whether you would get accepted or not so I do apologise about that. I do have some friends that was accepted on their course that received a grade lower than their offer and a grade higher like yourself. Unfortunately like I said, I can't give you a definite answer, however if you are worried, our admission team may be able to help you with any concerns you do have, here is there contact details: Tel: +44 (0)1483 682222 (between 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm Mon-Fri).

In the worst case scenario, you could always apply through clearing if there is spaces!

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Becca
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending