The Student Room Group

Am I an international student

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.6 1/2 years ago I moved to England from Poland with my family and immediately started studying at a secondary school. Now, I am in the second year of college and sent my UCAS application to my 5 choices.Couple of weeks ago, I got an offer from Kingston University and they sent me an email which had an
No you’re not an international student bc you’ve lived here and studied here if you was in Poland trying to study here in the uk you’d be an international student
Original post by missversace
No you’re not an international student bc you’ve lived here and studied here if you was in Poland trying to study here in the uk you’d be an international student

This isn't correct, fee status is determined by someone's nationality as well as their residence. If the OP above doesn't have IDLR or settled status then they could well be liable for international fees.

@throwaway1211212 - you should follow whatever fee assessment process Kingston have in place. The UKCISA website is a good course of info for you.
Reply 3
from my exprience unis often go by 'country of residence' rather than citizenship/nationality etc. email the specific uni's admissions deartment because sometimes things like these can vary.
If you dont have a British passport, you will need to apply for Settled Status - without this you are an International student post-Brexit regardless of how long you have been here.

See https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status
Original post by McGinger
If you dont have a British passport, you will need to apply for Settled Status - without this you are an International student post-Brexit regardless of how long you have been here.

See https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

I already have settled status.
Original post by throwaway1211212
I already have settled status.

Then send your share-code to the University.
They can then access your status record on the Gov website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending