The Student Room Group

HMRC Income Exception Variation

I am a parent also with this flagged up on the application.

Lynsey at SFE has stated in answer to a question on HMRC Income Exception Variation that SFE no longer require evidence, as they now resolve it by getting definitive figures from HMRC.

So it appears we just sit and wait for this to be sorted, is that correct? Could I ask how long this should take SFE to resolve with HMRC?

Thanks,

Paul.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Paulsouthmids

Lynsey at SFE has stated in answer to a question on HMRC Income Exception Variation that SFE no longer require evidence, as they now resolve it by getting definitive figures from HMRC.

So it appears we just sit and wait for this to be sorted, is that correct? Could I ask how long this should take SFE to resolve with HMRC?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

When did you receive notification of the income variance?

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
Hi Paul,

When did you receive notification of the income variance?

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen,

I've not been contacted and asked to do anything. However if you log in and check progress of the submission it states:

"Your Actions to Complete - [Name Redacted] HMRC Income Variance Exception".

This appeared two days ago, about 20 minutes after I submitted my financial details.

It also appears in the status when my children log in.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Jen,

I've not been contacted and asked to do anything. However if you log in and check progress of the submission it states:

"Your Actions to Complete - [Name Redacted] HMRC Income Variance Exception".

This appeared two days ago, about 20 minutes after I submitted my financial details.

It also appears in the status when my children log in.

Hi Paul,

You are best to log into your online account and send us a secure message/live chat so we can fully check your account for you, to be sure. Log into your account here - http://ow.ly/Vvlg30mnEl0.

Thanks, Jen
Could I ask has this been resolved? The same has happened to me

Thanks,
Hi
Paul.

Hi there, The current processing timescale for this to be reviewed by the team is around 9 working days. Once this has been reviewed by the team the account will be updated.

Thanks, Karen
@Bigdamo29 After about a week and a half, I got a poorly worded message saying my income deductions for professional subscriptions and working at home during Covid were being disregarded and the award being made without reference to them.

(They have knocked an amount commensurate with just short of twice the allowances I claimed off the award).

It then said if I wanted them put back I had to send a copy of tax return (PAYE so I don't have one) and P11D (my benefits in kind are payrolled and therefore on the P60 so I don't have a P11D - and in any case P11D is irrelevant to said income deductions).

So I have uploaded them my P60 and the electronic P800 I received when I claimed the working from home tax allowance with a covering letter.About a week later I got an acknowledgement by email and have heard no more since.

The problem seems to be that because I claimed the working from home allowance respectively and got a refund into my bank account, it never appeared in my 2020-21 tax code and their system dosen't seem to be able to cope with it. As millions have claimed this allowance I suspect they now have about five times as many HMRC Income Exception Variances as usual, but don't have five times as many staff to manually process them.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending