The Student Room Group

girlfriend seeing exes

been with gf a year. her long term ex is a complete waster, has no job, fat useless waste of space, cant drive, no personality, she did everything in that relationship. he also owes her thousands of pounds and at one point just left the country without telling her, to go and see a girl he met through facebook. yet she still wants to see this guy.

another ex of hers, although not a proper relationship, was a guy who she had a bit of a fling with from her old work. she wanted us to be in an open relationship so she could still be with him (even though he's with someone, but she's married! it's a mess and he sounds like someone with no morals at all).

i told her that must stop or i want nothing to do with her. she ended it. however i hate her meeting up with either of them. the long term ex is such a bum its unreal, apparently he sulks cos she is seeing me now all the time, and she wouldnt tell me the other guys name for about 8 months as it "was his secret to tell". i saw her emails the other week and she had sent him one which said along the lines of "hey gorgeous, sorry cant meet up with you tomorrow, my bf is ill and i have to look after him, i was really looking forward to it. darren (long term ex) is sulking cos ive been seeing my bf so much, and its really awkward for me to text u when im with him. im so glad ive got you my honey, i can always depend on you when im stressed".

she reckons she "strokes his ego" as she feels bad for breaking up with him. messages he sent her all start with "hey sexy", "hey babe" etc. and it really winds me up. she says she sees the long term one every now and then, she calls him sometimes as "he's almost like family". the other guy she says she could go a month without seeing and not think anything of it. i hate them both.

i was really hurt by that email and i wanted nothing more to do with her. we started seeing each other a bit more a week or so later. i do enjoy spending time with her but i do not like the fact that she keeps seeing those two. we had another argument about it the other day. after i saw that email a few months ago i told her i did not want to see her on days when she had seen them.

however, its now been about 7 weeks since then and no mention of them at all. so i know she's been hiding it. i confronted her about it on friday and she said she "forgot that rule". i said from now on i want to know before she's seeing them and i have no interest in seeing her those days. i dont wanna see her when she's got thoughts of them in her mind. she reckons this is not a good idea as i will be in a strange mood the next time i see her after, but i said "if ur meeting them as irregularly as u say u are then it wont be a problem will it?". she's been very quiet today and not heard much from her.

has anyone else been feeling like this about their partner and exes? i dont meet up with my exes, and whilst she says she would be fine with it, i know she wouldnt.

Scroll to see replies

No offence mate you seem like a genuinely nice guy but she is a ****ing slag, get rid of this cunt
Reply 2
this is bizarre. sounds like your girlfriend has a finger in every pie and intends to keep it that way!
Avoid.
Damn, I'd be super pissed if my girlfriend was doing this sort of stuff.

Mind you, she wouldn't remain a girlfriend for long...I'd avoid her like the plague.
Reply 5
You need to take control here and tell her this is unacceptable. If you carry on leaving things as they are, you are going to end up getting badly hurt and your girlfriend will lose respect for you. You have have two choices here to improve things for yourself. You need to tell her that what she is doing is totally unacceptable and totally disrespectful thing to do to you if you are in a relationship. Further to this, if you really want to be with you need to issue her an ultimatum and stick to it, telling her that you cannot be in a situation like this. You need to act like an alpha male and take control, even if it means being rude, stick to your convictions and do not flinch because she will use it to her advantage. Ultimately even if it means splitting up, she will end up respecting you by realising you are no mug and cannot be messed around like this. It will also raise you own sense of self worth and get you out of this horrible mess. Sorry if this sounds brutal but in the end it will work.

All the best mate.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
This is not decent behaviour on her part. Get out and get over her, you'll find someone much more worthy and dedicated to your time.
Reply 7
Yeah bro, like Jmzie-Coupe said.

You seem like a decent guy, but she doesn't seem like a nice person at all...

I too, would get rid. :frown: You deserve better then that.
Reply 8
Thanks everyone, glad its not just me! I'm gonna get rid of her.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
No offence mate you seem like a genuinely nice guy but she is a ****ing slag, get rid of this cunt

What he said bro, she sounds like she's f***ing with you.
Reply 10
girl has got issues, none of which you can solve. you cant let her walk all over you like this so tell her to either cut all these guys off completely, or you walk away.
Ditch the Bitch.

There isn't even any point in talking about it. If that is how she wants to proceed than nothing you can say will change it.
Level 82 nympho.

Run.
Grow a spine and dump her hard.
Original post by Anonymous
been with gf a year. her long term ex is a complete waster, has no job, fat useless waste of space, cant drive, no personality, she did everything in that relationship. he also owes her thousands of pounds and at one point just left the country without telling her, to go and see a girl he met through facebook. yet she still wants to see this guy.

another ex of hers, although not a proper relationship, was a guy who she had a bit of a fling with from her old work. she wanted us to be in an open relationship so she could still be with him (even though he's with someone, but she's married! it's a mess and he sounds like someone with no morals at all).

i told her that must stop or i want nothing to do with her. she ended it. however i hate her meeting up with either of them. the long term ex is such a bum its unreal, apparently he sulks cos she is seeing me now all the time, and she wouldnt tell me the other guys name for about 8 months as it "was his secret to tell". i saw her emails the other week and she had sent him one which said along the lines of "hey gorgeous, sorry cant meet up with you tomorrow, my bf is ill and i have to look after him, i was really looking forward to it. darren (long term ex) is sulking cos ive been seeing my bf so much, and its really awkward for me to text u when im with him. im so glad ive got you my honey, i can always depend on you when im stressed".

she reckons she "strokes his ego" as she feels bad for breaking up with him. messages he sent her all start with "hey sexy", "hey babe" etc. and it really winds me up. she says she sees the long term one every now and then, she calls him sometimes as "he's almost like family". the other guy she says she could go a month without seeing and not think anything of it. i hate them both.

i was really hurt by that email and i wanted nothing more to do with her. we started seeing each other a bit more a week or so later. i do enjoy spending time with her but i do not like the fact that she keeps seeing those two. we had another argument about it the other day. after i saw that email a few months ago i told her i did not want to see her on days when she had seen them.

however, its now been about 7 weeks since then and no mention of them at all. so i know she's been hiding it. i confronted her about it on friday and she said she "forgot that rule". i said from now on i want to know before she's seeing them and i have no interest in seeing her those days. i dont wanna see her when she's got thoughts of them in her mind. she reckons this is not a good idea as i will be in a strange mood the next time i see her after, but i said "if ur meeting them as irregularly as u say u are then it wont be a problem will it?". she's been very quiet today and not heard much from her.

has anyone else been feeling like this about their partner and exes? i dont meet up with my exes, and whilst she says she would be fine with it, i know she wouldnt.

thats not the only thing she's stroking

no seriously though : Jeremy Kyle
If she is so caught up on her exes then just go because it seems she has more time for them than you. I still talk to my exes, but tbh meeting up is a definite no no purely because they are exes for a reason.
Reply 16
Original post by hanaalou
this is bizarre. sounds like your girlfriend has a finger in every pie and intends to keep it that way!

**Sounds like she has every finger in her pie
Is this real? Then again i don't think it's possible to make up such a retarded slag from the sound of it.
This is incredible. At first I thought it was a troll, then I kept reading and boy, if thats a troll, its a 10/10.

This woman is a joke. She clearly does not have feelings for just you, you have no idea what she's getting up to with other guys, the way she talks to her exs is completely inappropriate. Mate, she's messing you around. Please, please, please get rid. Or just tell me its a troll.
Original post by Anonymous

Next her, now. You will only get hurt (more than you have been already) if you continue the 'relationship'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending