The Student Room Group

24+ Eligibility

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could reply to a query I have.

I have studied at university up to MA level, without any form of financial aid owing to my parents financial situation, but at 32 I am considering a change in career and wish to apply to an HND course at college unaided by my family as they are now retired.

I have 2 queries about this matter.

Firstly, it states that you must have resided in the UK for 3 years immediately prior to the course start date. I am a UK citizen but 2 years ago I moved abroad (in the EU) to teach English as a foreign language and take some time out before deciding on my career. I am returning to the UK in the New Year and wish to apply for a course starting in September. Will this affect my eligibility for a loan seeing as I'm still a UK citizen and resident?

Secondly, will my previous university degrees affect my loan application (if I am eligible, that is) given that I did not apply for a loan when I originally studied?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

You will not be eligible for funding as you already hold a qualification as you will be classed a doing a course at equivalent or lower level.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending