The Student Room Group

We have Sex during Period? Do you?

My gf and I both have very high sex drive! We are so close to each other and share almost everything. So, for the past few days, we keep saying we shouldn't but have continued to have sex, even though she's on period. It really doesn't bother me, and she knows that..although she gets a bit embarrassed by it...

I know some people might feel disgusted by this...but just wanted to know who else has done that or does that?

(Also, is it safe to do so? We don't use condoms, just pills)
Reply 1
Its pretty common, but not everyones cup of tea. No problem for me, periods are all part of the magic of femininity and the 'mess' is in my experience overstated. Unprotected sex increases risk of STI transmission if partner has one. Least fertile time, so some rely on this as contraception, but best as you do to have another method.
It is safe as long as you're both clean but I find it disgusting and could never do it. Unless I wear a clean tampon and we have anal sex I can't imagine having sex while on my period. GROSS!!!
Reply 3
Original post by ahha
My gf and I both have very high sex drive! We are so close to each other and share almost everything. So, for the past few days, we keep saying we shouldn't but have continued to have sex, even though she's on period. It really doesn't bother me, and she knows that..although she gets a bit embarrassed by it...

I know some people might feel disgusted by this...but just wanted to know who else has done that or does that?

(Also, is it safe to do so? We don't use condoms, just pills)

I've never done it but I know its not harmful. I heard there's an increased risk of catching/passing on STIs when having sex during a period but if you know both of you are clean and/or a condom is used then it shouldn't be anymore of a problem than it is normally.
Reply 4
As you can see, some people go 'Eww, yuck' and some people really like it.

It's up to the pair of you. Why do you think you "shouldn't"?
Reply 5
We still do... My sex drive is way higher when I'm on my period and he isnt bothered by it! It is incredibley messy, which is the only part I find a little embaressing.
I always make sure that we dont have the white sheets on the bed, at the time of my period!

Quick Reply

Latest