The Student Room Group

Mental health-someone talk I talk to !

Hiya if anyone wants any advice or just someone to listen revolving around mental health id be more than happy to help!
Hi Georgia. I’m not sure if this is a mental health problem but I feel a deep hatred towards my family. They are not bad people they just don’t understand me and don’t try to. A lot of the time I pretend to like them so they can keep giving me stuff but that’s a lot of effort. I’ve already given up on pretending with my siblings because there’s no point. I am constantly angry at my siblings and hate them. It’s not even for anything in particular I think I’ve just been growing my hatred for them for everything wrong they’ve ever done to me. As you can tell I tend to keep grudges.
I also really hate my parents. I come from a Muslim family and I don’t really like being Muslim because of all the rules. Ramadan is also the worst because fasting becomes a competition with my sibling and for some reason I always try to win although I cheat eat.
My mother is not a nice person she is rude and talks behind people’s backs and I just really hate her
My Father is a stupid, religious person and I just hate that about him.
I’m not sure I can keep on pretending I like them.
Sometimes I think I should love my family but I don’t even feel a little bit of love towards even though they’ve given me everything. Is this normal?
I want to stop holding grudges but I’m not sure I can ever truly forgive them. I’m not even sure what I am forgiving tbh.

Sorry to just dump all of this on you. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. It was nice just writing and posting this.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Georgia. I’m not sure if this is a mental health problem but I feel a deep hatred towards my family. They are not bad people they just don’t understand me and don’t try to. A lot of the time I pretend to like them so they can keep giving me stuff but that’s a lot of effort. I’ve already given up on pretending with my siblings because there’s no point. I am constantly angry at my siblings and hate them. It’s not even for anything in particular I think I’ve just been growing my hatred for them for everything wrong they’ve ever done to me. As you can tell I tend to keep grudges.
I also really hate my parents. I come from a Muslim family and I don’t really like being Muslim because of all the rules. Ramadan is also the worst because fasting becomes a competition with my sibling and for some reason I always try to win although I cheat eat.
My mother is not a nice person she is rude and talks behind people’s backs and I just really hate her
My Father is a stupid, religious person and I just hate that about him.
I’m not sure I can keep on pretending I like them.
Sometimes I think I should love my family but I don’t even feel a little bit of love towards even though they’ve given me everything. Is this normal?
I want to stop holding grudges but I’m not sure I can ever truly forgive them. I’m not even sure what I am forgiving tbh.

Sorry to just dump all of this on you. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. It was nice just writing and posting this.

wow dude what i can say is your family is your family! the saying you can choose your friends but not your family is about you gotta learn to love your family. im sure if they saw this they would be upset relax they love you!
My ears hurt. My partner and psychiatrist don't care if the medication makes me deaf, I "have" to stay on it regardless. No one has any faith in me anymore.
Hi! I’m glad writing this made you feel better:smile:
It’s okay to not love your family like everybody around you might do-it’s probably more normal than you think!I think it would be a good idea to sit all of your family down and tell them honestly how you feel ,just talk to them and if not write a letter expaining all your feelings because they might not understand all of this..at the end of the day you cant choose your family but when you’re older you won’t have to be with them 24/7 but im sure they all love you so much and deep down you love them too
I hope I helped I now some way ,feel free to ask me anything else or just rant!
:smile:
for starters..I have faith in you!
do they both know the extent of your problem and how much it’s affecting you and have you spoken about alternative medication?:smile:
Original post by georgiaaaxox
Hiya if anyone wants any advice or just someone to listen revolving around mental health id be more than happy to help!

my arms hurt from revising so much, i literally feel week, have a heachache and my skin has lost his colour
Original post by georgiaaaxox
for starters..I have faith in you!
do they both know the extent of your problem and how much it’s affecting you and have you spoken about alternative medication?:smile:

Tried loads of different meds, they didn't work. This combination does but it makes my ears hurt.

I used to take topamax for migraines but stopped it when I read it can make you deaf. I prefer migraines. Now I'm having the same problem with this combination and no one seems aware of how *****y this is.

Last time I stopped my medication I ended up in a psychiatric hospital, that's why they say I have to take it. But I'd prefer to hear voices than be deaf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending