The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons

I was unable to finish my final year (16/17) at university a couple of years ago due to mental illness. I will be returning to retake my final year and complete the course this coming September.

I am wondering whether applying for CPR funding would be the correct route to take.

If so, I have in possession a letter from my GP confirming my mental health problems between 2017-2019 and that I should avoid returning for the 19/20 academic year. This was for evidence for the interruption of studies I was taking. The letter is dated 13 August 2019. Will I be able to use this as evidence for CPR despite its age?

Thanks
Original post by tammxvii
I was unable to finish my final year (16/17) at university a couple of years ago due to mental illness. I will be returning to retake my final year and complete the course this coming September.

I am wondering whether applying for CPR funding would be the correct route to take.

If so, I have in possession a letter from my GP confirming my mental health problems between 2017-2019 and that I should avoid returning for the 19/20 academic year. This was for evidence for the interruption of studies I was taking. The letter is dated 13 August 2019. Will I be able to use this as evidence for CPR despite its age?

Thanks

Hi there,

Will this be the first time that you are repeating a year of your course?

Also, prior to the course that you are currently on, have you done any other previous study in higher education?

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 2
This will be the first time I will be repeating. This is also the first course I've done in higher education.
This will be the first time I will be repeating. This is also the first course I've done in higher education.

Thank you for confirming that.

Are you currently studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course?

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 4
undergrad course.
undergrad course.

That's great. Based on the information provided, you will not need to apply for compelling personal reasons as you will have another year of Tuition Fee Loan funding available to you.

Did you withdraw from your course or suspend?

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 6
I took an interruption of studies with the university in question, which I assume to be equivalent to suspending my course. Regarding SFE, I don't believe I contacted them about suspending the course.
I took an interruption of studies with the university in question, which I assume to be equivalent to suspending my course. Regarding SFE, I don't believe I contacted them about suspending the course.

Okay, in this case, I would advise that you contact us via private message on either Facebook or Twitter so that we can determine if you need to apply as a new or continuing student.

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 8
Okay, I will get that done.

Thank you for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending