The Student Room Group

My mum is making me feel down.

I live in a single parent household with my mum and younger sister as my dad passed away when I was young. In order for us to live, my mum has a full time job as a caseworker for people with moderate-severe learning difficulties and disabled people and she does some part time hairdressing at the weekends. Lately, my mum has been spending so much time working that I never feel like I can see her anymore and whenever I do see her, all she talks about is work or she always talks about negative things such as me not doing housework due to my illnesses etc. Because of this, it is taking a toll on my depression as I feel upset that my mum never talks about positive things anymore and it puts a downer on my mood. Also, as I mentioned, I never get to see her anymore and that also puts me in a bad mood. A few years ago, I used to see my mum all the time to the point that I just wanted some time away from her so the fact that it’s completely the opposite now just makes me very upset. I just want some advice on what I could do.
right now is a really difficult time for everyone because of the pandemic, its understandable that you are struggling and that your mum is. Know that any negativity aimed towards you really isnt about you at all, your mums probably stressed about work and bills and the uncertainty of whats happening. Also try talking to her, tell her how it makes you feel and ask her for some one on one time, maybe a picnic or just a walk in a park so you two can have fun together. Hope things get better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending