The Student Room Group

parents and divorce.

I am currently going into year 13 and I miss sixth form not because I like it but because it is better than staying at home.
My parents have argued all my life. 3 days ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my mom threatened my dad that if he verbally abuses her or my siblings and me she will divorce him. Since then my dad still verbally abuses us.

My mom hasn't spoken to him in days and stays upstairs in her room, they do not sleep in the same room. My dad takes his frustration out at me as I am the eldest child.
I hate living here with them I cannot wait to move out in year to get away from this hell. Although they may divorce, I know my probably wont as she is financially dependent on my dad and wouldn't be able to care for my siblings on her own. TF do I do?
i’m so sorry you have to experience this
if you want too help your mum out you could probably get a job but it would be hard to balance a job and school especially since your going into year ( like me). make sure to keep in touch with friends and go out as this can help eleviate anxiety and pressure from being in a tense household. again i am so sorry for you
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
i’m so sorry you have to experience this
if you want too help your mum out you could probably get a job but it would be hard to balance a job and school especially since your going into year ( like me). make sure to keep in touch with friends and go out as this can help eleviate anxiety and pressure from being in a tense household. again i am so sorry for you

I honestly hate it here, my Dad is the biggest narcissist I've ever came across. I am actively looking for work right now so hopefully it works out.
Maybe you could move out before you turn 18? You can do that without parents are from 16

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending