Part time student finance funding - previous study query

Watch this thread
Lindsay78
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am hoping to start a BA Hons in History with the Open University in October but need some clarification re funding before I confirm my place as I have found conflicting information when researching loan eligibility.

I do not have a degree at the moment - the highest qualification I hold at present is a 2 year college diploma in Business Admin (equivalent in the UK is National Diploma but not HE level) that I completed overseas on a full-time basis 10 years ago and was not funded through loans/finance.

Will I be able to get full tuition fee funding for my degree as it is a higher qualification than the one I currently hold and is on a part-time basis, or will my previous study make me ineligible for SF funding?

Sorry for the long post, I just want to make sure I will be eligible before submitting my application.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Last edited by Lindsay78; 1 month ago
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lindsay78)
Hi,

I am hoping to start a BA Hons in History with the Open University in October but need some clarification re funding before I confirm my place as I have found conflicting information when researching loan eligibility.

I do not have a degree at the moment - the highest qualification I hold at present is a 2 year college diploma in Business Admin (equivalent in the UK is National Diploma but not HE level) that I completed overseas on a full-time basis 10 years ago and was not funded through loans/finance.

Will I be able to get full tuition fee funding for my degree as it is a higher qualification than the one I currently hold and is on a part-time basis, or will my previous study make me ineligible for SF funding?

Sorry for the long post, I just want to make sure I will be eligible before submitting my application.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Hi Lindsay,

Based on this you'll be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan for the duration of your part-time course. This is because you don't already hold a degree.

We'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able. Applications normally take 4-6 weeks to be processed. Thanks, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads