The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons

Hi, if I upload it to my portal, do I do this before or after an application for this year? And do I still add a cover letter?
I was in a car accident a month before my course started that left me with physical pain and symptoms of ptsd as well as a bipolar diagnosis the year previous. I have a lot of evidence about the car accident and how it impacted me, but nothing from the university (they weren’t supportive) will this be enough or do I need stuff from the university?
I already have one completed year and one withdrawn year and I want to start a new course so need one year cancelled to be able to complete the new course.

Thank you!
Original post by Amy.sweetpea
Hi, if I upload it to my portal, do I do this before or after an application for this year? And do I still add a cover letter?
I was in a car accident a month before my course started that left me with physical pain and symptoms of ptsd as well as a bipolar diagnosis the year previous. I have a lot of evidence about the car accident and how it impacted me, but nothing from the university (they weren’t supportive) will this be enough or do I need stuff from the university?
I already have one completed year and one withdrawn year and I want to start a new course so need one year cancelled to be able to complete the new course.

Thank you!

Hi there, you can submit the evidence prior t an application or this can be submitted once the application has been submitted. You can find out what evidence is required here: : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

We would always advise to include a detailed cover letter explaining the situation to allow the team to understand the situation better. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending