The Student Room Group

Should I leave this job

I work at a recycling tip and out of the five people who work,

Two don't work

There is the yard leader who has his duties, then for some reason his digger driver sits in the mobile office with him all day doing nothing

Also another guy who just stands by the mobile office half n hour per hour

Different people who work different days, the other two guys take five minute breaks every hour or 10 mins every hour.

I work every second and take a half an hour lunch break, then two five minute breaks when I'm allowed 15 mins.

It's not the hardest job in the world, however I feel I am watched, and the others get it easier

Or I should move to another site

The yard leader did support me for my mental health difficulties

I could just ask to move somewhere else
Original post by Anonymous
I work at a recycling tip and out of the five people who work,

Two don't work

There is the yard leader who has his duties, then for some reason his digger driver sits in the mobile office with him all day doing nothing

Also another guy who just stands by the mobile office half n hour per hour

Different people who work different days, the other two guys take five minute breaks every hour or 10 mins every hour.

I work every second and take a half an hour lunch break, then two five minute breaks when I'm allowed 15 mins.

It's not the hardest job in the world, however I feel I am watched, and the others get it easier

Or I should move to another site

The yard leader did support me for my mental health difficulties

I could just ask to move somewhere else

Life is too short. You'll never know what you are missing out on until you leave. What if the move would allow you to have the best working enviroment, the most supportive colleagues etc, but you would never find that out if you wait too long. You are skilled and experienced, there will be other possibilities if it doesn't work out. Take the chance, put your happiness first
Original post by pips1242
Life is too short. You'll never know what you are missing out on until you leave. What if the move would allow you to have the best working enviroment, the most supportive colleagues etc, but you would never find that out if you wait too long. You are skilled and experienced, there will be other possibilities if it doesn't work out. Take the chance, put your happiness first

What if the yard leader moans, says I supported you and says he needs me
Original post by pips1242

I agree
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
What if the yard leader moans, says I supported you and says he needs me

Do you honestly believe that someone who spends their day doing nothing is going to be bothered by you leaving? Sure, it sounds like he is a nice person but if he truly cared for you, maybe he might actually do some work. I think either you join them in fulfilling your day with a pointless existence of nothingness, or go and do something that is engaging and stimulating with like minded people.
Get the hell out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending