The Student Room Group

SFE Mistake

Hi, I’ve posted on here before regarding a mate’s SFE situation, where SFE paid the January instalment into another account instead of hers and so she was short for the rest of 2nd year by around £1.5k. What that meant is that according to SFE she’s been “overpaid” by £1.5k and so in her current 3rd year she’ll be receiving £1.5k less than what she usually gets, which would mean she gets around £3k which is absolutely non-manageable for her.
Asked about it on here and an official rep said that she would need to send her bank statements to them and covering letter explaining the situation. Asked them how this should be, via email or post, but there was no reply. Can someone please clarify, it would be greatly appreciated?
Original post by i.j.
Hi, I’ve posted on here before regarding a mate’s SFE situation, where SFE paid the January instalment into another account instead of hers and so she was short for the rest of 2nd year by around £1.5k. What that meant is that according to SFE she’s been “overpaid” by £1.5k and so in her current 3rd year she’ll be receiving £1.5k less than what she usually gets, which would mean she gets around £3k which is absolutely non-manageable for her.
Asked about it on here and an official rep said that she would need to send her bank statements to them and covering letter explaining the situation. Asked them how this should be, via email or post, but there was no reply. Can someone please clarify, it would be greatly appreciated?

Hi i.j.,

We're very busy at the moment so it will take time to respond to messages.

Your friend who this happened to, would need to contact us directly themselves to discus further, as there is other steps we need to do before this would be done. They would call us on 0300 100 0607 and explain the situation and we can investigate this. We're open till 8pm tonight.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending